2018 - G - Noah Locke (Florida Commit)

Ironically Coach Jere Quinn said the same thing. :grinning:

@MFAUST actually beat you to that comparison by 5 hours!

1 Like

Dang it. I knew there was a reason I didn’t like that guy @MFAUST 
next time
next time

2 Likes

Was Ahrens REALLY ever a free agent to the point where we had a chance with him? If so and we choose Nunez then yeah but somehow I feel that Ahrens was just going through the motions and wanted to be courted by the new OSU staff.

I got the sense that he would have come here if offered.

1 Like
1 Like

Nembhard/Locke is a good pairing. Will be fun to track their success over the next few years

As a gator and wolverine, it will be interesting to see which of the 2 (Locke and Nunez) becomes more successful.

1 Like

I had Jordan Poole pegged as our Ray Allen 2.0. I now have Nunez pegged as our Allan Houston 2.0 or Brandon Roy 2.0. Flip a coin I would be happy if he Mirrored either one of them.

2 Likes

You nailed this one.

Brooks vs Locke stats this year
Brooks: 106 ORtg, 19% usage, 55.5 TS%, 14% ARate, 16% TORate, 42% from two, 47% from three.
Locke: 107 ORtg, 15% usage, 50 TS%, 4% ARate, 8% TORate, 35% from two, 37% from three.

1 Like

OK, I’m going to just be really ignorant here because I don’t know how, in comparing those numbers, Locke’s ORtg is actually higher than Brooks’! Doesn’t make sense to me, and I really like numbers, but I’m not a modern basketball analytics or a stats guy. It seems Brooks’ ORtg should be a fair amount HIGHER than Locke’s based on the comparison of the numbers. No? So
help???

Looks like Brooks’ TO rate is the difference there. But considering Usage Brooks has definitely been the better player.

You’re right. As the kids say, “My bad.” I didn’t think about what I was reading and saw that Brooks’ numbers were higher in every category, and by a good bit. But, of course you wouldn’t want a higher TO rate! Thanks! Makes more sense now, although Brooks still pretty much blows Locke away in all the other categories!

1 Like

Also have to consider whether Locke is saddled with secondary ball handling responsibilities like Brooks. Bound to have a higher TO rate when you’re trying to initiate offense/break presses vs. just being a catch and shoot threat.

1 Like