2018 - G - Cormac Ryan (Stanford)

Blanket statement: Very few players had/ have a better skill set than Stauskas–it is the reason he was able to flourish in high school and college. I suspect his ball handling was underrated because he was a not very flashy ball handler–rather minimalist–with a sometimes very high dribble. Ironically, I think his style helped him on the court because many defenders never seemed completely convinced that Stauskas was an elite ball handler–so they reached in a bit more than should have…

Regarding Ryan: I like the way he plays a lot…

1 Like

I was there on Saturday, and I think he’s closer to Kevin Huerter than either Staukas or Poole. I like Huerter a lot, so I’d be very happy with a Ryan commitment.

Like the Huerter comparison. Just watched some youtube of him from a couple years ago (Dec '14) so I could gage at similar stages. Ryan seems to be a bit niftier with the dribble and pass than Huerter, but good comp.

FTR, I just said Ryan would be top 50 when it’s all said and done and I’ll stand by that. Stauskas isn’t the guy I’d come up with as a comparison.

1 Like

Cormac up to #54 on ESPN. Probably a tad higher than I would rank him, but no doubt an upper tier talent.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/224618/cormac-ryan

Any word on his interest in us, or lack thereof? Is he wishing hard for that Duke offer?

What I can tell you is the staff likes Ryan VERY much.

Cormac Ryan 62nd in Rivals new rankings, not ranked by Scout.

1 Like

136 per Scout, which is likely to go up. Definitely a top 60-80 type player

1 Like
2 Likes

Visiting this weekend. Put together some fresh highlights

Kid is really, really good. Pretty clear how good of a fit he’d be on the offensive end when you watch those highlights.

stauskas-esque jab step

Yep, I love The way Ryan plays. Same with Poole and Brooks, they are kids who make watching basketball fun.

Film reminds me a lot of Steve Vasturia of Notre Dame, who is a nice complementary player. Still prefer Carmody by a big margin.

Any chance we are on commitment watch?

Would be quite a shock.

1 Like

Basically the first JB sighting since the season started, don’t know how this guy stays under the radar but wish Mor got out about who he has been watching.