2018 - F - Jerome Hunter (IU Commit)

Hunter went off for 32 + 10 against Pick Central on Friday. Would be really nice at the 4.

I want to CM in action before I’m on board with a 4 in 2018. Still feel he can be a 4 like Justise Winslow at Duke.

Matthews is 6-6, 190 lbs. I used to be on board with him as a four but I don’t really see it at this point. For comparison, Glenn played at 210-220. I think Michigan should look for DJ’s replacement in the 2018 class.

GR3 weighed at 210 at the combine. Sanderson can’t get him up to that? Bad news if they only add one potential ball handler on the wing. Lot of pressure on Ryan, Carmody or whoever.

Do you think Matthews’ has the frame to play at that weight? GR3 was always built like a tank, just not sure if they have the same body types. Obviously we haven’t seen Matthews play much either so hard to say.

I mean…they played Zak and DR3 there. I think CM is better suit there than either of them on both sides of the ball. I think the defensive concerns at the 4 will be less than the concerns offensively with him at the 3.

No real info here. He loves every team that has offered and he liked the visit in the fall. It’ll come down to number of recruits in '17, '18 and '19 along with coaching, use and education. He sees himself as position less and models his game after Durant. He will make a decision during his senior year.

Jerome Hunter listed in the “Wing Forwards” group in this article:

Hunter is at Pitt today

https://t.co/TLpuqRCONU

3 Likes
1 Like

Hope we get him. He might be the recruit I want most in 2018.

1 Like

Otto Porter seems like a good comparison. Porter has become more of a spot up shooter this year, but they have similar builds and skill sets.

Thought the video would drop in and am sorry it didn’t, but the link takes you to it…def. a mature power move…

Dude will be a beast after a summer or two of Camp Sanderson.

Be sure to check the instagram vid.

1 Like

Article by Julius Kim about Jerome Hunter…The Four schools which are prioritizing him–UM is one
Talking points–>Beilein/Washington/“wolf” position…

3 Likes