2018 - Big - Colin Castleton (Commit)

Evans was accused of taking bribes to steer their potential NBA players to a financial adviser. If that’s all he did, it wouldn’t involve Underwood in NCAA violations.

Not saying that Underwood is necessarily in trouble, but the cloud is going to follow him for a while until the Evans’s trial is over. Evans and Underwood had a long history together all the way back to Kansas State and South Carolina. From 2008-2013, both were in Frank Martin’s staff. I assume that they are very close.

These are mostly the same as the ones posted the other day (which appear to have been taken down), but some footage from adidas events in July.

How confident are you that he will pick the good guys, compared to your confidence in Nunez’s decision?

Not Dylan, but I’m confident that he HAS picked Michigan and it’s just a matter of announcing it.

2 Likes

I think his response to me about Nunez would also apply here…

I think if people are willing to read into Dylan’s willingness to post scouting video and in Colin’s case repost it/post more around the visit, we can get a sense of what Dylan’s confidence is between Nunez AND Castleton.

1 Like

I’d put the odds a 1-9 or so that he picks UM. The only factor in Illinois’ favor is roster, which sucks. I get the sense that Beilein-CC was love at first sight. In addition, Underwood is pretty much unproven at this level. He inherited stacked rosters at SFA (3 yrs) and OK St (1yr) and hasn’t proven s* recruiting-wise in the B1G. Who are you going to play with CC?

He did coach that bearded guy though.

I agree with you, it could make recruiting harder, but I don’t think that will be relevant to recruits like Castleton who have Illinois in their final group. He’s invested enough into choosing Illinois that he shouldn’t be scared off by the little that’s out there.

I do wonder why Evans didn’t follow Underwood to Illinois.

Haha that bearded guy was excellent in the tourney a couple years ago

1 Like

Just saw a tweet by john henschke castleton commited to michigan

1 Like
1 Like

Geez Dylan, you wrote that article fast. It’s like you knew that he was going to commit…

5 Likes

Yes!

Now you have to update the topic thread to COMMIT :grinning:

(nice - done!)

1 Like

Colin sees himself as a 4 down the line. Good quote here from Brendan.

5 Likes

Coach B got his swag back!

4 Likes

Congrats to Castleton and Michigan. He seems like a great fit for the 5 at Michigan - skilled, versatile, can block shots, etc., and personality-wise too. And it really rounds out an impressive class and two-year haul, especially when you consider Davis has '17 eligibility after his redshirt:

Brooks, Dejulius
Poole, Nunez
Brazdeikis
Livers, Johns
Davis, Castleton

A really well-rounded group with also a lot of positional flexibility, especially 1-4. Could really be an extended period of success.

8 Likes

I’d even count Matthews on this list as the 3 next to Iggy, since he’s technically got 3 years of eligibility left and will hit the floor the same year as Poole’s class. So excited for this group of 10. If Moe’s still around for his senior year some how, look out

1 Like

I’m not sure I agree with his assessment of what position both he and Mo will need to play at the next level. Mo has no shot of guarding 4s at the next level. Mo’s chance in the NBA is as a small ball 5, which is not terrible news for him since the NBA is trending that way right now.

Skilled bigs should be lining up to play for Beilein as he gives them a shot to develop the offensive skill that’s expected out of them nowadays.

3 Likes