2018 - Big - Colin Castleton (Commit)

Locke, Poole, Iggy would be one of the most diverse scoring/shooting wing combos we have ever had.

Yeah, thatā€™s a very odd comparison. His game seems far more like Wagnerā€™s to me.

Thatā€™s 4 centers unless Currie doesnā€™t reclassify or if he goes to Prep School which you would have to think is still at least a possibility.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Dylan would it be fair to say that he has significant spot-up 3 point shooting/drive off closeout upside (closer to DJā€™s role in the Beilein offense than Moā€™s) or is that over-hyping?

Hit on this in the write upā€¦ He shows some of that in high school, but I tend to think that EYBL film is more telling. I see him as a really coordinated roll man who can develop a pick and pop shot, but it isnā€™t like heā€™s Moritz Wagner with the ball.

1 Like
1 Like

If he doesnā€™t come it would be a huge disappointment. If he went to Illinois it would make the Currie decommitment very unfortunate

I went back and read his comments after his Illinois trip, which was a month ago. He was positive but not really excited. Iā€™ll be shocked if he doesnā€™t pick Michigan.

1 Like

That article said that Castleton has no timetableā€¦ i thought that he was supposed to announce this week or next. Am i remembering wrong?

Same guy on Twitter doing the Nunez announcement had said that heā€™s doing Castleton this week.

2 Likes

Iā€™m probably missing something, but why do these players let this guy announce their commitments?

1 Like

Some more Castleton highlights.

2 Likes

His shooting stroke is sweeter than I had rememberedā€¦ excited for him to go Blue this week!

Pretty awesome run down of his visit:

3 Likes

Way to go Yaklich

2 Likes

Cool read. He sounds like such a good fit for how we play and what we need going forward. Would be a great surprise pickup if we can pull it off.

1 Like

Yep, Colin told me he was still on to announce this week sometime ā€˜soon.ā€™ Sounds like that means Weds or Thurs.