2017 Recruiting Notes

Definitely need to update that page, should have a hot board update in the next week or so.

Cain just had a great game in ATL. 25pts, 4rebs on 8/8 shooting

2 Likes

Donnie Tillman now running with Dream Vision (Adidas) in the AAU circuit

Any notable implications from this? I dont know anything about AAU basketball. Better competition? More exposure? He seems to be a bit unknown amongst the major recruiting websites.

Does this hurt us as a Jordan brand?

Probably has something to do with dislike of the coaching staff - Oakland Soldiers only suited up 6 guys today, looks like a mass exodus occurred.

Donnie is the last guy that would be influenced by a shoe brand. Really intelligent and well thought out kid that holds down a 3.4 GPA. Perfect fit culturally

Good to hear. I really hope we land him or young. Although Wilkes visiting was a nice surprise. We need this class to be top ten level good. No excuses. We got the spots/ minutes to offer. Should be an attractive option for freshman to want to walk into.

1 Like

I feel like the Nike/ jump man logo should really be a huge selling point. I also think we need to keep embracing the fab five history/connection. I feel like our roster was the start of the new era of basketball , the hip hop generation, we were the epitome of cool. We need to embrace that and get the new generation to see that and become a hip place to play. I know itā€™s my team but I truly believe we should be a primary destination, especially in the big ten.

Also who doesnā€™t love the maize uniform with black socks everybody looks swagged out! The Jordan connection makes perfect sense.

Also Newman wants to transfer just saying. Also Iā€™m super bitter Jackson chose Maryland. Heā€™s exactly what this team needed. Iā€™d have loved to reach out and hear the feeling was mutual. Iā€™m scared of his impact for them.

1 Like

Also I really hope Poole keeps up recruiting for us I hope heā€™s in every Midwest kids ear preaching big blue and starting something great. He and x should be all over young.

Mattd donā€™t forget the film on Gaines. Also let me know what you think of McGee and carter on the same team as him.

And any new news on Cain? How long is he waiting ect. I was really hoping heā€™d be a quick signee

Cain with 12pts, 4rebs, 3assts vs PSA. 4-7 from distance

Where they playing? Are they showing games online?

www.nikeeyb.com is the site for all the EYBL games. Only have a live feed for Courts 1 and 2 for this weekend. They usually have feeds for all the courts. State are available on that site as well.

Damn thanks I missed the team I wanted to see. My Rochester kids had nice games though, although one of them didnā€™t play game one for some reason.

I tentatively plan on taking in City Rocks vs King James tomorrow AM

On line? What court do you know?

games played on may 28th.

Kyle Young - 11 pts, 4/13 fg, 2/4 ft, 1/4 3pt, 11 rebs, 2 assists, 2 TOs, 0 stls, 0 blks
23 pts, 10/18 fg, 3/4 ft, 0/3 3pt, 12 rebs, 2 assists, 0 TOs, 0 stls, 2 blks

Jamal Cain - 25pts, 8/9 fg, 7/8 ft, 2/2 3pt, 4 rebs, 0 assists, 4 TOs, 2 stls, 0 blks
12pts, 4/7 fg, 0/0 ft, 4/7 3pt, 5 rebs, 3 assists, 0 TOs, 1 stls, 2 blks

1 Like

Didnā€™t make it until 2mins left in the 1st half, but Cain finished with at least 17pts and was 3/3 from distance when I was viewing live.

Anybody that thinks Ibi Watson is a better shooter than Jamal Cain is severely mistaken.

He only made 2 3s in the game

Cain finished with 17pts, 7rebs, 1 block on 5/10 shooting and 2/3 from distance officially per D1 Circuit. Although they are prone to error - Cain knocked down 3 from deep