2017 Recruiting Notes

No. Marquette, Cincy, Florida State, Boston College all offered the week before UM. Typically offers roll in after live evaluation periods. I suspect he will add more in July

Jaren Jackson highlights from EYBL Session 3 - this kid is a top 30 talent, no doubt about it. His ball skills at that size are insane. Reminds me of a bigger, better shooting, Kevon Looney.

1 Like

It would be huge if we could somehow get either Samuels or Lawrence with Cain.

Zack Dawson just told me USC offered. The first of many IMO. Hope the staff pursues him hard

Kimani Lawrence is really good!

Me too but don’t want to get my hopes up. Perfect follow up at PG to X, interested to see if some new PG targets show up. Got to think JB gets after Brad Davison, sounds like he has a game JB would like.

Where do we stand with Xavier Tillman?

1 Like

Nowhere, last I knew. I bet and hope it stays that way.

Nothing happening with Xavier on the UM front. We’ve had contact with Xavier and UM is not in the mix

Interesting. Great to get him on campus. That seems to be a big hurdle for us on occasion.

2 Likes

Then why does he have Michigan Crystal Ball predictions on 247 Sports?

When was the prediction made? Could have been very early on in his recruitment. I don’t follow recruiting that closely, but I know Xavier Tillman and MIchigan hasn’t seemed like a realistic possibility for at least the last year.

1 Like

The same reason that Kam Chatman had ALL Arizona predictions just prior to committing to UM - its essentially a useless tool (that is often outdated), unless we’re talking a week before the decision, and even then, it can be extremely inaccurate.

All of the Tillman-to-Michigan picks were made in 2014…

1 Like

Sooo…you’re sayin’ there’s a chance?

3 Likes

As long as we get Donnie Tillman I’m good.

Although I suppose having two Xaviers would be a bonus.

Like Looney except I think Looney was a much better rebounder. Regardless, Jackson seems ideal at the 4 for us, though I’m guessing some of the heavyweights will get involved in his recruitment. Our coaches have to stay on top of that recruitment…even if they think it might be trending away, at least they have to keep our opponents honest and hopefully away from our other targets at the 4. I’m liking our options at the 3 and 4 these days, but these are probably options for a lot of teams. Agree with others that think Zack Dawson would be a great option at PG.

Not sure where all of this Xavier Tillman talk came from. He’s not really on the radar and I don’t really see it as a good fit for either party – sort of an undersized big man, maybe more of a traditional four man at 6-8.

I actually liked Mannymichigan’s comment before I realized he was talking about Xavier rather than Donnie (mental lapse). That said, I actually think XT is a pretty nice player. But yeah, among our 2017 targets I think we can do much better with guys like Jaren Jackson and Donnie T.

1 Like

Dylan, you have him listed as a 2017 target on your site.