2017 Recruiting Notes

Paul Scruggs cut his list to 8. Michigan isn’t on the list I take it that isn’t a surprise? He has 4 B1G schools on his final 8 which isn’t good though.

2017 Shooting Guard Jordan Schakel just told me he’d 'love to hear from Michigan". ESPN 4 star/75-125 type out of LA. 6’6 with pure stroke that can put the ball on the floor for 1-2 dribbles and get off a really good floater. Great student, has Stanford giving him a hard look.

Dylan - I tried posting highlights of Schakel, not showing up for some reason. Weird

Updated the forum today and it seems to have caused a couple of issues. I’ll look into it.

2017 5* forward Kris Wilkes is in the process of setting up a #Michigan visit for next week: https://t.co/VgkaZGyLwn pic.twitter.com/5IWVpb7d6u

— Steve Lorenz (@TremendousUM) May 24, 2016
9 Likes

That to me has Saddi written all over it.

Would be huge, let’s start praying.

Would he be okay with playing the 3? Not too redundant with Poole?

He would definitely be a 3 in UM’s offense, and I don’t think he would mind that, as he’s most comfortable in catch and shoot situations based on film and the few minutes of live game I’ve watched. Really nothing here though until UM shows some interest, just thought it would be worth mentioning because there are decent prospects with UM interest that UM has not reached out to. That being said, UM has reached out to some other upper tier wings, I’ll have more shortly.

Montgomery is one of the best teams in the state so competition level would be no issue. Is he an above-average athlete?

We were talking about Schakel, not Wilkes

My fault, thank you.

Being from LA, I follow HS hoops in the area pretty closely, and I confirm Montgomery is a really good program. Not a good athlete by any means but has good size for a college 3, and can shoot off the dribble. Really nice floater from 8-12 as well

We’ve been on him for a while though. But maybe Saddi helped.

1 Like

Matt, great stuff as always. Curious on the other prospects who have UM interest but haven’t heard from us?

I am most intrigued by how JB balances getting athletes who may not be great shooters and his typical shooter type. Say you get someone like Gaines who doesn’t shoot from long distance, does that change who you take at the second wing spot or PG position.

Obviously I don’t have an exhaustive list, but I’m sure there are a few more prospects that would like to hear from UM.

I think the key is getting a guy that is athletic AND has skill and/or shooting. That’s why I think a guy like Cain holds value for UM. Getting him in the mix allows flexibility with the next recruit.

UM now showing interest in top 50 wing Jermaine Samuels out of the Boston Area. Reminds me a bit of Troy Williams or a bigger JP Tokoto with better shooting and more ball skills

1 Like

Kid is a beast. Would be a huge talent upgrade y

A bigger JP Tokoto with better shooting and ball skills? Sign him up.

Has Cain received any offers since the UM offer?