2017 Recruiting Notes

I’d offer JJ Jr. on the 15th and try to get it locked in. You can tell he just has that feel for the game where he knows how to play and get away with being the smallest guy on the floor. That along with a pretty explosive offensive game.

Can anyone speak to JJ Jr’s defense? I’m pretty well convinced that he’s got enough game to be a serious D1 player…so long as he can get over the top of a ball screen. Watching all the small guard lineups in CBB lately the one throughline seems to be that both can really get over the top of the ball screen. I think JJ Jr by year 3/4 can be much higher usage than Spike–he’s already making those mid-range floaters and leaners–but the real potential differentiator is on-ball D.

The kid may still be growing also…how old is he 15? And being that his dad is 6’4" he could still grow a couple more inches

If he grows 2-3 inches watch out for this kid

Congrats to 2017 Southfield's Mike Flowers on winning the 16u MVP this weekend for 1Nation! http://t.co/y56ABcdBv2 pic.twitter.com/5M3DECQ1hH

— Prep Hoops Michigan (@PrepHoopsMI) May 18, 2015

Mike Flowers 20 pts Austin McCullough 13 pts, 5 rebounds Josh Long 10 Pts Armonee Felder 10 pts, 7 assists

— 1Nation Elite Sports (@1NationORG) May 17, 2015

More recent film on Wilkes, the kid is certainly a talent.

Wilkes film begins at the :48 second mark

Interesting, Christian David transferring to the same school as Bruce Brown

Christian David Heading to Vermont Academy @SELITEBBALL @VTACADEMYHOOPS @CoachAPopp http://t.co/jWlO8cXQor #CanBall pic.twitter.com/ZS7E2p1mfr

— NPH (@NorthPoleHoops) May 19, 2015

Dylan, are you hearing any names from the '17 or '18 class who are going to camp at UM?
I’ll assume Jermaine Jackson. Any chance Bowen or David would make it in? Maybe even Jamal Cain?

Hypothetical:
Michigan lands Cassius Winston this fall.

Would you guys be satisfied with a '17 class of Jermaine Jackson, Kevin Heurter and Austin Davis?

Hypothetical: Michigan lands Cassius Winston this fall.

Would you guys be satisfied with a '17 class of Jermaine Jackson, Kevin Heurter and Austin Davis?

No.

From all recent reports/info it appears Davis is staying 16…which is very perplexing. To answer your question, no, I wouldn’t be satisfied with a class of Jackson and Huerter. I would like one primary option every class. Both of those guys are role players in my opinion.

From all recent reports/info it appears Davis is staying 16.........which is very perplexing. To answer your question, no, I wouldn't be satisfied with a class of Jackson and Huerter. I would like one primary option every class. Both of those guys are role players in my opinion.

I am hearing nothing but the opposite about Davis. Still hearing prep year from all different sites…

Based on the context of this interview, I think Jackson Jr may be in for a scholarship offer…seems like he took the full academic tour on his unofficial (which is usually the pretext to an offer). The kid is small, but he can definitely play

New highlights from Michael Flowers (Southfield/17). Kid is a decent player, not a good athlete, but decent handle, can shoot the rock off the bounce or catch and shoot, can pass a bit. Not enough elevation on the jumpshot, but if the kid can get to 6’4 - 6’5 he will be a very nice college prospect in my opinion.

Yea, I would count on Davis prepping a year.
I like Huerter but think there might be better options avalible in '17 in the wing.

If Huerter reclassifies, he’s going to go to Syracuse. That seems to be the main appeal to him reclassifying. If we don’t have room for Josh Langford in 16 then I’m sure we don’t have room for Huerter in 16 either. Maryland and Notre Dame are on him though.

No, Huerter has said he would reclassify for the right school, and people seem to think he might do it for Michigan as well as Syracuse.

What other wing targets are there besides Bowen, Wilkes, David?

Fresh video of Christian David

Nice highlights of David. If you could choose one for the 2017 class - David or a reclassified Huerter - who would you choose?

Also, it seems Michigan is looking at a couple diminutive, good, true PGs in 2017 - Jermaine Jackson and Tremont Waters. I think this is a good strategy. They’ll obviously need another PG after losing Albrecht and Walton in consecutive seasons. At first glance, you wouldn’t think that talented kids would want to be a year behind whoever we get in 2016, but looking at it more closely, they would probably either feel they could compete with whoever we got as a true point or play alongside them if it’s a combo guard like Brown, Goodin, or Langford. Plus, these guys probably won’t expect to be one-and-dones and might value the chance to hone their skills against other good guards in practice.

Nice highlights of David. If you could choose one for the 2017 class - David or a reclassified Huerter - who would you choose?

Also, it seems Michigan is looking at a couple diminutive, good, true PGs in 2017 - Jermaine Jackson and Tremont Waters. I think this is a good strategy. They’ll obviously need another PG after losing Albrecht and Walton in consecutive seasons. At first glance, you wouldn’t think that talented kids would want to be a year behind whoever we get in 2016, but looking at it more closely, they would probably either feel they could compete with whoever we got as a true point or play alongside them if it’s a combo guard like Brown, Goodin, or Langford. Plus, these guys probably won’t expect to be one-and-dones and might value the chance to hone their skills against other good guards in practice.

David without even thinking.

Higher ceiling, better defensively IMO, and I think his offensive game is more balanced.