2017 Recruiting Notes

A man that needs no introduction around these parts. Would be HUGE

3 Likes

I like that you ask about school and interests in addition to the hoops related stuff.

1 Like

Thanks, much appreciated. We try to separate from the other recruiting outlets by focusing on the kids as students/kids, in addition to basketball.

1 Like

Ok so apparently there is two Malik Williams in this class both big men. Now I see why u guys love this kid. Heā€™s a beast. The other one is pretty good from down south but he plays odd and doesnā€™t always jump for boards ect. Runs like Thomas Bryant but he makes great put let passes and can shoot too. This one were pursuing is a stud. I do not want another big ten school to land him. Jordan and him would be a very good class no matter who else we land. Again sounds like were underdogs though .

Very Beilein-like.:smirk:

3 Likes

Then Iā€™m doing it wrong lol

1 Like

Bringing in a high-ceiling guy like Malik Williams becomes even more important with the recent attrition. This program needs a huge shot in the arm.

1 Like

Williams sounds exactly like the kind of talent we need, but I would be shocked if he chose us.

Looks like a we will continue to be going head to head with Izzo for a lot of our prioritized prospects.

Indiana emerging as key recruiting territory for Michigan State in 2017

Latest Scholarship Depth Chart

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very discouraging highlight video.

17 Wing with UM interest

Might be nothing but was looking at Billy Donlonā€™s Twitter account, clicked on who he was following and Justin Smith 6-7 from Chicago was the first person on the list. Doesnā€™t mean he is a target but potential interest perhaps?

Iā€™ve heard heā€™s on their radar. From Brunsonā€™s high schoolā€“4* on espn and 247. Limited film looks good.

1 Like

Thanks MHoops, pretty good athlete thatā€™s for sure. Hoping they look at Nojel Eastern and Jordan Goodwin from Illinois as well.

Willing to throw us a bone with another name or two that might be on the radar?

1 Like

Thatā€™s an isolated name I heard this morning. If I hear anything else, Iā€™ll post it, but Dylan and some posters here are usually pretty thorough and prompt on this stuff, as are other sites.

I havenā€™t heard of any involvement with Easternā€“whether thatā€™s lack of interest on his part, UMā€™s part, or something else, I have no idea. Goodwin, Iā€™d be pretty surprised aboutā€“heā€™s viewed here as a very strong Illinois lean, if not a lock, weā€™ve already got a 2G/combo guard in that class in Poole, and Goodwin, at least from my perspective, is good but not so good that you bring him in even with another guy in the class at the same position because heā€™s just too good to turn down.

Appreciate it.

I seem to recall the staff watching Eastern a while back but I donā€™t think anything came of it. I really like his game/tools and have been advocating for that kind of big strong versatile guard with upsideā€¦ But I get the sense the ship has sailed for that guy. Just hope Izzo doesnā€™t get him.