2017 Recruiting Notes

Dante Exum had a ton of offers and seriously considered UM. Said he would’ve went to IU if going the college route, with UM second.

2 Likes

It would be great to get Malik Williams on campus and have a fighting shot with him.

1 Like

I really like Paul Roberts. If I was belein I’d lie a bit and say he’d have a chance to start. I’m not troubled by two small pg. the height difference will mean less in college. If he’s tenacious him and x will be fine. I really like his game. I have to watch his film again but I might like him more than x. A back court of him x and Poole going forward could reap huge benefits. Roberts. Poole, Cain, young/livers would be a class to get excited about.

Notes on Greg Elliott and Justin Roberts

Can’t read them. Your making me want to sign up though.

Is it just me or does Justin Roberts look like the better prospect compared to x? I really like the few videos I’ve seen. How is it just us Dayton DePaul and Bradley checking him out?

The more I see of him the more I’m impressed. I’d love for him to come but I don’t see that happening. Would be hard to convince a top pg to come in with x only a year older. The back court trio of him x and Poole would be dynamic. Undersized sure but I think they could make up for it. X is a bull dog and has the fight to guard the two for spurts. That way Roberts him and Poole could all get burn. What a coup if we could get him as our guard off the bench.

My fault, they weren’t pay walled when I posted them. I don’t have an account either. Not much detail in them. The usual, Michigan is interested and keeping tabs on them.

I watched some video. He looks very underrated to me. I like his game a lot. I’d be very happy to add him to the 2017 class.

Very nice handle, quick, finishes well and a nice mid range pull up. A forgotten art.

I’m interested to follow Elliott’s recruitment, type of guard we need but may need a redshirt year. Kind of reminds me of Ed Sumner.

Not quite the ballhandling skills, but Greg is a really well rounded player. I’ve watched him a ton vs legit comp in EYBL and he’s a great rebounder for a guard, good court vision, plus defender and above average shooter. No part of his game sticks out on film but he just produces consistently.

Beilein needs to let this kid loose on the recruiting trails.

What do you mean? Can you summarize the article (VIP only)?

My fault, sorry about that, must be something with Twitter because I can view it on there and don’t have an account. Seems like he bleeds blue and is talking with beilein, giving his ideas on recruits and assistants. Great personality.

2 Likes

Watched Justin Roberts again. Screw DePaul we need to land this kid. He looks like a steal to me. Of all the pg we have been linked to in 2017 he looks like the best fit/realistic option.

Outside of my work with Jamal, this is the most accurate article/piece about him (I know that sounds arrogant, but not meant to be, its true)

Behind paywall.

I don’t have a Scout membership and I was able to view it. Weird