2017 Recruiting Notes

December and January is when you offer the guys no one else has. :wink:

If you donā€™t offer in December or January, then youā€™ve whiffed. Even if you end up landing said recruit, youā€™ve already whiffed. Whiff.

1 Like

Freep article on Cain that was released today

Couple quick quotes from Cain this weekend.

1 Like

The footage that accompanies that article, to me, suggests a more accomplished all-around bball player at this stage than Hardaway or RGIII, their various strengths notwithstanding. Do people agree? I can see why people say not quite superstar status, but if that would mean the guy being around for a few years. . .

1 Like

Was that film from last weekend Dylan?

As we talked about above, I see a lot of GR3, donā€™t really see the Tim Hardaway Jr. comparisons.

Yes @slyboogie2 the film that Matt posted was from this last weekend in Indy.

I shot that film in Indianapolis this past weekend, yes.

1 Like

Offensively, Cain reminds me of a 6ā€™7" version of MAAR for some reason. Maybe itā€™s how he finds ways to finish around the hoop and just scores. Maybe itā€™s just the mentality but I like it.

1 Like

I liked the film shown. I think heā€™s a nice addition. My question is, how is his defense? I know itā€™s been asked/ answered but I forget what was said. Although you donā€™t see it a lot in his films but his handle is pretty good. He has a few nice cross overs Iā€™ve see. In his videos. This is one part of your game that can always improve and develop.

I like the comparison to a mixture of hardaway and gr3.

I feel like his shooting ability and athleticism is pretty similar to both, and Iā€™d say the same about his ballhandling. He plays inside far more than Tim did. I think heā€™s a slightly less athletic version of Glenn. Iā€™d say heā€™s at least a 2-3 year guy and someone who has a chance to be a star college player and next level talent. Great fit for our offense too, IMO.

Thus far, heā€™s got plenty of solid offers, but I donā€™t see any school on the list thatā€™s a better program than Michigan.

2 Likes

Offered!!! Yessir

8 Likes

Great to hear Matthew. Thanks for the updates. Much appreciated.

Jamal was happy to get offered!

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks Matt! If itā€™s allowed please tell him this 50+ year Michigan Basketball fan is happy, too! Sounds like heā€™s a great kid, humble, hard worker with some real skills and talent! Go Blue!!!

2 Likes

Great interview! Loved the things I readā€¦wolf on the court, academics are not just a responsibility but a priority, covering ground and making playsā€¦YES PLEASE!

2 Likes

Personality-wise, Cain definitely seems like the type of kid JB likes to target. He comes off as polite, well-spoken, and genuinely caring about academics. Pair that with his game and I really hope we can land this kid.

2 Likes