2017 Recruiting Notes

Reports are floating that UM offered Christian David

Agree with Dylan in that one thing you can count on is no offers for 2017 until June, that doesn’t mean he won’t have been promised one as long as he’s met the other requirements typical for an offer. I do recall seeing some film from him a while ago and so I would expect he’s high on the staff’s current list.

More Christian David/ UM news, previously took unofficial to Michigan and Wolverines staff watched his four games in Indianapolis.

— Sonny Bairos (@sonnybairos) April 26, 2015

Christian David 20pts,10rbs as S-Elite wins King James Classic. Congrats to the Milton crew. #CanBall @NorthPoleHoops

— Tariq Sbiet (@Tariq_NPH) April 26, 2015

New name on the board - Alex Reese out of Pelham, Alabama. Reminds me a bit of Henry Ellenson, or bit like a less athletic Trey Lyles maybe. Will definitely be one to watch.

Michigan and Auburn watched Southeast Elite stretch 4 Alex Reese play tonight. Listed UAB, Ole Miss, and Miss St as others recruiting him.

— Matt Jessen-Howard (@mjessenhoward) April 25, 2015

Alex Reese'17 has Alabama, Auburn, UAB, Vanderbilt, Clemson, Miss. St, K.St offers. Michigan, Texas, Florida interest pic.twitter.com/xj3QnyjyUB

— Andrew Slater (@ASlater247) April 25, 2015

2017 Alex Reese in all 8 games has averaged 15.5 PPG & 7.4 PPG. #AdidasUprising #AdidasGauntlet @adidasUprising

— SE Elite (@SE_EliteHoops) April 27, 2015

New name to the board - Derek Culver out of Warren, Ohio. Not exactly a position of need, but pretty impressive to me. Essentially a more athletic and offensive oriented version of Jon Teske…really good passer, but a much better finisher.

Derek Culver was exceptional in the game. Finished with 18 pts with Louisville, Illinois and Michigan all watching.

— Corey Albertson (@Corey_Albertson) April 25, 2015

Ha ha Looks like Aaron Gordon Lil Brother.

New name on the board - Alex Reese out of Pelham, Alabama. Reminds me a bit of Henry Ellenson, or bit like a less athletic Trey Lyles maybe. Will definitely be one to watch.

Michigan and Auburn watched Southeast Elite stretch 4 Alex Reese play tonight. Listed UAB, Ole Miss, and Miss St as others recruiting him.

— Matt Jessen-Howard (@mjessenhoward) April 25, 2015

Alex Reese'17 has Alabama, Auburn, UAB, Vanderbilt, Clemson, Miss. St, K.St offers. Michigan, Texas, Florida interest pic.twitter.com/xj3QnyjyUB

— Andrew Slater (@ASlater247) April 25, 2015

2017 Alex Reese in all 8 games has averaged 15.5 PPG & 7.4 PPG. #AdidasUprising #AdidasGauntlet @adidasUprising

— SE Elite (@SE_EliteHoops) April 27, 2015

Programs Alex Reese said were after him the hardest: Auburn, Alabama, Michigan, Miss St, Ole Miss, UAB, and Vandy. pic.twitter.com/t4mci9hwTh

— Matt Jessen-Howard (@mjessenhoward) April 29, 2015

New film on Jermaine Jackson Jr. Some mid major is going to get one hell of a player. Reminds me of kid most of you have probably never heard of…TaJuan Porter (Oregon/Renaissance HS).

Aww c’mon, who hasn’t heard of Tajuan Porter!?!?? Loved watching him play.

New film on Jermaine Jackson Jr. Some mid major is going to get one hell of a player. Reminds me of kid most of you have probably never heard of..............TaJuan Porter (Oregon/Renaissance HS).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkD2yoVy0bA

Not like Porter was some unknown. Averaged double digits every year of his career and was from Detroit and was only a couple classes after Hairston and Crawford. I would be surprised if at least most of the Michigan based posters weren’t familiar with the name.

Aww c'mon, who hasn't heard of Tajuan Porter!?!?? Loved watching him play.

Dylan - no offense, but based on your pic, I thought you were too young to remember! To a certain extent, Jackson also reminds me of Rashad Phillips.

Dang man, I’m not that young!

If I recall correctly, Porter had like 9 threes in his first game and people went nuts that Amaker didn’t recruit him.

Phillips . . . Mo Taylor’s cousin. Played with 100% more effort than Mo.

I’m going to throw Earl Boykins into the discussion. Only 5’5", one of the best to come out of EMU and had a long NBA career.

I'm going to throw Earl Boykins into the discussion. Only 5'5", one of the best to come out of EMU and had a long NBA career.

I think of Earl much more as a pure shooter, whereas Jackson is more of a PG.

Really Alex Reese and Christian David.
I’m sure you all have seen this but…

Yea just saw someone posted it on page 2… Sorry

Dylan - any insight as to whether the staff has shown interest in Paul Scruggs out of IN. Seems like a really nice combo prospect.

I really like Christian David’s game. Seems like a perfect 2 guard for us.

I really like Christian David's game. Seems like a perfect 2 guard for us.

Think David is more of a 3…but I like his game from the limited film I’ve see as well. Chandler Parsons type game. Need to see more film against legit comp.

2017 PF Alex Reese has been selected to USA Basketball U16 Junior National Team. @usabasketball @alexxreese18 pic.twitter.com/q7yywtqVkL

— Southeast Elite (@SE_Elite_Hoops) April 30, 2015