2017 Recruiting Notes

Brandon Johns will be back on campus this weekend. 3rd time in a month. I know he's not. '17...

Looks like Michigan is in good position for him early. He would fit the point guard every two years plan.

https://michiganpreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1813123

Brandon Johns will be back on campus this weekend. 3rd time in a month. I know he's not. '17...

Looks like Michigan is in good position for him early. He would fit the point guard every two years plan.

https://michiganpreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1813123

Yeah both Johns and Wade seem to be interested. Wade obviously is a point but what does Johns project at?

Brandon Johns and Brandon Wade are different players :slight_smile:

Dylan - any chance you can split into the different discussions by position like you did with 2016 Wing Recruiting (Ibi Watson), 2016 Point Guard Recruiting (Xavier Simpson), etc…?

Appreciate it!

Brandon Johns and Brandon Wade are different players :-)

Whoops my bad guys. Posted an article about the wrong guy. Well there was an update on 2018 Brandon Wade

Watch out for Jordan Poole this weekend. Just sayin’.

Watch out for Jordan Poole this weekend. Just sayin'.

Any intel on that or just a hunch?

He’s coming in for another visit today which is fairly soon after his last visit where he was gushing about how great UM is. Just putting some pieces together…

Dailey considering Wisconsin as a 2016 recruit. https://wisconsin.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1814769

If we land Poole this weekend not sure how many spots we could offer on the wing for '17 until we know what type of attrition we have. Wouldn’t want to lose Daily, really like him, but can’t blame him.

I’d stay tuned in general. Scout has an article up from Brian Snow talking about Jordan’s Michigan visit if you are interested in that.

I’d stay tuned in general. Scout has an article up from Brian Snow talking about Jordan’s Michigan visit if you are interested in that.

He is announcing Friday. I was a weekend late.

Yep. Would be a great start to Michigan’s 2017 class.

Big fan of Poole’s game…think he has a lot of potential to be a Khalif Wyatt type player. Won’t get into analysis until something good happens, fingers crossed. Think he would be a good addition.

Looking at some video online, looks like Poole will be used like Stauskas here. From my amateur’s perspective,

Can shoot from anywhere. Takes and makes NBA threes in high school games consistently. Good pull-up from
midrange or three. Crafty when attacking a closeout. Solid handle but doesn’t seem very capable of breaking down a defender one on one or even getting to the rim off a closeout for some reason. Maybe he is just too comfortable with the midrange pull-up? Not explosive vertically at all. Looked fine but not fantastic as an athlete otherwise. Doesn’t seems like he gets to use on-ball screens very much.

Idk about defense, they’re highlight tapes.

Love Poole’s ability to shoot the ball. Seems to love M. Key will be holding off the vultures after his profile inevitably increases nationally. SD long way off.

Love Poole's ability to shoot the ball. Seems to love M. Key will be holding off the vultures after his profile inevitably increases nationally. SD long way off.

Don’t think there is any question…that is a concern here. Poole is going to be a stockriser that will most likely be a borderline top 50 type player within a year. Poole is better than his current ranking indicates.

Love Poole's ability to shoot the ball. Seems to love M. Key will be holding off the vultures after his profile inevitably increases nationally. SD long way off.
On the other hand, we've had a few guys in recent years who rose in the rankings after they committed (Robinson, Irvin, Walton) and didn't waver. We've only lost one guy that I can remember and he was a 5-star from the start.