2017 Recruiting Notes

He appeared to have decent touch/ shooting potential in old videos. I assume it’s all midrange with him, no? Can’t watch the video just yet.

Matt, you obviously just switched out the Tillman film with footage of a future NBA player.

For the people who are wondering whether X is going to scare away Dawson:

Matt, any idea how hard Michigan is going after Tillman?

Not that hard.

Correct, but that may change in the near future. We’ll see

Wilkes offered on his visit to OSU. Can’t believe Thad Matta had the nerve to wait to offer him until he visited.

5 Likes

Me either, seems like they’re a bit behind the 150 other schools that don’t live in the Stone Age.

2 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: 2017 - F - Kris Wilkes (Offer)

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Recruiting philosophy: shooting, athleticism, balance

Good stuff! His game reminds me of Draymond a lot. Even if we prefer Young, I think I’d recruit them both just as hard since Tillman would certainly be a great fallback option either way.

Awesome let’s hope he’s serious. Sounds like a plan.

I would be very happy to land Kyle Young, but unless you are just obsessed with shooting, its very hard not to look at Donnie and realize that he’s just so much more versatile and can help in more ways in relation to Young.

Seems like Young might have the better rebounding numbers, though, no?

Young’s game reminds me of a Robbie Hummel (maybe I’m being too generous). Tillman seems similar to Draymond. Just my thoughts. I’d be happy with either guy, but yeah, even if the staff prefers Young, I see no reason not to recruit Tillman hard at the same time and take a commitment from him if he wants to give it.

Ultimately, with any recruit, I think you have to ask, can this guy really help us win? And if the answer is yes, offer him. I’d say Tillman falls into that category for sure. His outside shot is probably no worse than Draymond’s at the same age, and look at Draymond now. The other stuff you can’t teach. Great handle for a guy his size, like Draymond.

EYBL rebounding is identical but for minutes. I think Donnie is better suited to make an impact on the glass as a FR because he already has college level strength/frame.

Looks like Xavier just got a commit from a shooter. Does this affect Matthews and/or Cain?

2017 wing Jared Ridder commits to Xavier -- one of the best shooters in the class. https://t.co/Hh03S33WtR

— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) June 9, 2016

Looks like they will still have 4 scholarships open, so not sure how much impact this will have. Ridder appears to be a much different player (at a glance) than Cain or Matthews

I wouldn’t think so. They’ve got a couple guys that could be early entries, so if they have the open spot, they’d still definitely take him.

Four if bluiett or sumner leave or even if they stay?

If they stay, according to this http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/xavier