2017 Recruiting Notes

Thanks Matt, the site brings some good stuff.

Only bad thing is in the interview he said he grew up an State fan. Could he be next in line for an offer? Any word if Tillman has heard from JB?

PG target Justin Roberts, sounds like we are serious with him.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1665657-spiece-roberts-excels-on-night-one?s=162

Wish we would look at a bigger PG to complement X.

I saw that and was thinking to myself that Beilein sure likes him some short PG’s all of a sudden.

Although size is important, I look back at the back court that won the national title at Uconn. I wouldn’t be against having both Simpson and Roberts. Not that they would both start, but that Uconn starting back court opened a lot of eyes around the country due to their skill and size. Hell, spike and Burke played rather well together.

For me, if you’re going super small in the back court it’s necessary to have excellent lateral movement to negate the lack of size. This is why Siva and Russ Smith were able to get away with it. Absolute ball Hawks on D

havent heard anything about the staff contacting Donnie, but JB did watch him in Indy

Can’t help but think that a major appeal of sub-six-foot guys is that they’re pretty much guaranteed four-year players, barring off-the-charts skills (e.g. Tyler Ulis). Whereas you have a guy like Goodin, ranked down around #80, but with his big frame and elite vertical, if he can find a consistent jumper and improve his passing, he could possibly leave early.

Good to hear that Livers is getting attention.

Even if Duke is getting interested in Tillman I would still like to see Michigan pursue especially as Tillman seems to have a great attitude and strong ties to the state of Michigan which could possibly tip the balance if we showed enough interest. At a certain point, you need to win over at least SOME of the in-state guys who possess better offers.

Dylan, have you heard anything in regards to Jarrod West? Haven’t seen anything regarding the staff going to see him over the April recruiting period. Also, with some “heavy” interest in Roberts, it’s possible that the interest in West has cooled.

Probably for the best.

I’m a big fan of livers from what I’ve seen off YouTube videos. Him Tillman or young would all be very acceptable to me. Might be hard to sell Roberts on backing up x

Yes, how would Beilein ever be able to get a recruit he wanted from overseas like Australia or Germany?

2 Likes

Wagner didn’t take any visits to other schools and he wasn’t offered by any other high majors, let alone 20. Very different situation than what ASF was referring to.

Has there ever been an overseas player with a ton of offers? I don’t think so. If there ever were such a player, our chances wouldn’t be great of landing him regardless of the recruiting philosophy. Point is that Beilein has landed two good overseas players with his approach. He’s also done gotten kids with a lot of offers from the west coast who could have similar issues.

1 Like

Dante Exum had a ton of offers and seriously considered UM. Said he would’ve went to IU if going the college route, with UM second.

2 Likes

It would be great to get Malik Williams on campus and have a fighting shot with him.

1 Like

I really like Paul Roberts. If I was belein I’d lie a bit and say he’d have a chance to start. I’m not troubled by two small pg. the height difference will mean less in college. If he’s tenacious him and x will be fine. I really like his game. I have to watch his film again but I might like him more than x. A back court of him x and Poole going forward could reap huge benefits. Roberts. Poole, Cain, young/livers would be a class to get excited about.

Notes on Greg Elliott and Justin Roberts

Can’t read them. Your making me want to sign up though.