2017 - PG - Eli Brooks (Commit)

His release looks really quick, so that should help him at the next level.

LOL, unranked?

I guess this is a bird-in-the-hand situation. But there’s still 2 roster spots open for the higher ranked targets. The valid point had been made many times on other threads: it could be hard to sell a stud 2017 PG on coming in one year behind X. Ohio State and Villanova offers are solid, too.

From what I can tell, 247 is the only site with a ranking for him and thus he doesn’t make the composite. So yeah. Unranked.

1 Like

What’s his 247 composite ranking?

He just hit one from NBA range this game. That’s 3 for 4 from deep. His dad James Brooks is his HS coach, fwiw.

There’s no other PG coming in for '17. JB wanted Brooks.

Both Rivals and Scout expect to have him in the low 4 star, high 3 star range in their next updates. He’s blowing up real time, hadn’t been ranked previously.

Safe to say Nova has a good reputation with guards. He also has an Ohio State offer.

It sounds like the Nova offer wasn’t currently committable as they’re waiting on Quade Green.

Tough to say if it was committable or not. He was offered after Jay Wright watched him play numerous times, at least according to the recruiting “experts.”

Who is your source?

He’s from a small town in a low-profile part of PA. Not surprising that he’s been under the radar. Here’s a nice piece on the AAU team. http://goo.gl/KPl52h

Guestavo on Twitter and some guy in the MGoBlog comments who claims to know the family of a recruit.

Color me not convinced.

1 Like

You’re not convinced that a coaching staff would wait on accepting the commitment of an unranked recruit (who grew up with Nova as his favorite team) in order to see how the recruitment of a local 5 star at the same position pans out?

Meaningless anyway.

Brooks hit a big three with 2 minutes left in the 4th to cut the lead down. His team ends up getting it to OT. Down 53-52, Brooks hits a 16 foot pull-up to win it. The kid has “dog” in him that people here love.

I’m not convinced that Guestavo and a random guy on MGoBlog’s forum know whether the Nova offer was commitable or not.

1 Like

Yeah but how could we get excited about an unranked prospect???

/s

2 Likes
2 Likes