2017 NCAA Tournament Games Thread

I know most of you guys picked it but I’m surprised Maryland lost. Obviously Xavier is s great tourney team but I just couldn’t see how they could win with out sumner. They were so bad late.

I only took them in one of the pools. I thought marylsnds superior talent would get it together and win against the short handed roster. I am not thrilled with fla st either so I had the terps in the sweet sixteen in two then two fla st. I wanted to put Xavier there but just too little there. Proved me wrong

Some potentially entertaining games tonight. Fgcu-fsu a one point game late first half. I have no reason to back this up, but never thought much of this fsu team. Crazy talented but always seem so indifferent and undisciplined. If fgcu can hit some more threes and keep them off the boards, they have a good shot.

Wisky-va tech could go either way. Would be surprised to see either team win by double digits.

Iowa st-Nevada should be an awesome game. Loads of offensive talent in that game and both teams play pretty fast I think.

So I took Wisconsin to make a little run in two brackets. Am I nuts? Hopefully they start to play better and reach their potential.

Anyone else take fgcu? In one of mine I have them. I figured I’d give them a shot as I am not huge on fl st. I thought that portion of the bracket was super weak. Decent place to gamble

I’m interested in a tally on who everyone picked in the final four?

I knew v tech was gonna cause me a heart attack, I need this Wisconsin game bad. Time to step it up. I want to see nova-Wisconsin bad.

I wish the old Hayes would show up for the tourney, how good would they be?

1 Like

NBA evaluation killed the old Hayes.

1 Like

The NCAA’s got to crack down on all the patches teams have on their uniforms nowadays. It’s getting NASCAR-esque.

1 Like

Fgcu has let this get into too much of a track meet. Not sure they have the horses to get back in it.

VT is Wisconsin-ing Wisconsin: they’re getting the ball deep and initiating contact to get calls. Happ and Hayes are missing bunnies, Koenig has made 8 3s to keep them in it.

Wisconsin salts it away late. Was hoping for a better finish. Fgcu had their chances to make it interesting late thanks in large part to fsu continually running lineups out there with 7 centers and no guards. But just couldn’t make enough shots.

Nevada has never really challenged Iowa state tonight and every time they get close, they make a mistake. Best finish of the night…maybe North Dakota vs Arizona?!? 7 point game with ten minutes left. Would destroy my bracket if North Dakota won but it would still be awesome.

And UA goes on a 10-0 run. Game probably over. Time to rest up for tomorrow.

That Camby kid looks pretty good.

2 Likes

Big ten sitting at a solid but not spectacular 4-2 now. If MSU wins, it will be really interesting to see if anyone besides Purdue can knock off a big dog and get to the sweet 16.

Yea that’s kinda the issue with the seeding though. The big ten teams that have a shot to win multiple games besides Purdue (Michigan, Wisconsin) were under seeded. While two teams that had very little chance of winning multiple games (Maryland, Minnesota) were way over-seeded. So the big ten teams could play really well in this tournament and not advance much bc of tough matchups.

1 Like

As much as I hate seeing those teams underseeded, I am really really excited to see the best in our conference play the big dogs.

Wisconsin-Nova
Michigan-Louisville
MSU-Kansas
Northwestern-Gonzaga
Purdue-Iowa State

Really nothing to lose for all these teams from a mental standpoint too. Would be hilarious if our worst conference in a long time was able to knock down some perennial powers

1 Like

Dude… What’s up with Dawson? Our staff and recruiting gurus practically drool over him. I’ve seen his numbers and understand he’s putting up big numbers against solid competition. He has a good background and upbringing, has quality size for a PG, the list could go on. So, I have to ask though, where are the rest of his offers? He’s got some respectable ones, but it just seems like he should have more big time schools after him.

Any insight is much appreciated.

Edit: This post is in response to WindorBlue. This board’s posting rules are ridiculous. It limits new poster’s post per day and how many posts I can reply to a topic on. Otherwise, I would have asked this in the proper forum.

2 Likes

@umhoops any chance we can get this changed, for the tournament? Would hate the input/conversation from opposing fanbases to be limited.

1 Like

Let’s go j’ville! 10-2 five minutes in

4 Likes

Hey… I couldn’t ask in the other game thread because of weird posting limit rules, but what’s up with Dawson’s lack of bigger offers? See a few posts up where I elaborate a little more.

Louisville up 7 at the half. Don’t think j’ville has much of a chance at winning this thing but hopefully they stick around and make Louisville work for it.