2017 - F - Kyle Young (Offer)

Just watched Young play for the first time at Peach Jam, through the live feed and he looked lost. He was playing the 5 a lot and couldn’t do anything with the ball when Pulley’s big (Davison’s team) covered him on the perimeter. I was hoping for a little more from him off the dribble especially with a “big” covering him.

King James’ guards were all over the place on offense and seemed to prefer taking off balance 3’s than feeding Young the ball. I"m hoping to watch him again in the next couple of days.

From last night:

http://www.hoopseen.com/news/event/201607/nike-peach-jam-day-two-deandre-ayton-makes-his-claim

Is Kyle Young a sexy ballplayer? I think not. He doesn’t wow you with supreme athleticism or have the razzle dazzle handles that will break someone’s ankles, yet what he does have is uber levels of toughness and a giant nose for the ball, all of which equates to major production on the hardwood. More of a face-up 4-man, Young is an excellent rebounder of the ball where he grasps balls from in and out of his area and within traffic with both hands. On Thursday evening, the Buckeye State native had all it all clicking as he hit on four 3-point jumpers, finished at the basket and through contact, and was the catalyst for his bunch’s blowout victory. A total of 24 points and eight boards doesn’t justify just how good the King James star was as he was followed heavily by head coaches from Purdue, Butler, Clemson, Michigan State, and Michigan.

2 Likes

“All of them talk to me a lot,” Young told Meyer. “It’s pretty much just those 10. I will probably cut it down to five soon and set up my official visits after July. I will take those visits and probably make my decision before the season starts.”

Young would be able to sign with his college of choice during the early signing period in November.

“I have visited all of the schools on my list unofficially except for Florida, N.C. State and Wisconsin,” Young said. “I still have to figure out the five official visits I want to take. Those will be the five I cut it down to. I want to use all five visits.”

1 Like

Kyle Youngs Top 5

2 Likes

i have to imagine that butler and OSU are the real competition to land him

1 Like

FWIW, these are the schools that were cut from his top 10: Florida, Michigan State, North Carolina State, West Virginia and Wisconsin

1 Like

Been a lot of discussion about combo forward targets and I’ve always been a fan of Young’s fit. Like that he can step out and shoot while still bringing some physical ability around the hoop. Would expect he’d start taking his officials fairly quickly and things will move along.

1 Like

Could have something to do with MSU offering Livers.

1 Like

Also interesting that the font he used on his name is Michigan State’s font.

1 Like

Good catch!

Hmm I’m pretty optimistic on him then. Is he that interested in osu? I know coach b isn’t a negative recruiting kind of guy ( I assume) but I’d have to use what happened with matta against him. Didn’t exactly look great in that fall out. Butler always looked like a good fit for him possibly. I wonder how Purdue looks to him. I think there’s a good chance Caleb stays again.

Malik Williams just committed to Clemson so hopefully that takes them out of the scenario for Kyle Young

Different Malik William (no S).

Don’t think that Clemson was necessarily the biggest threat either.

3 Likes

Good to know, thank you

Definitely fits well. Depending on how DJ Wilson develops, Young could step in and start as a freshman if he’s got the right frame of mind (competitive fire).

I guess @slyboogie2 called it.

Good fit - glad to see it wasn’t OSU or Purdue :slight_smile:
I still wonder what that skillset would look like on our team…best of luck to him.

1 Like