2017 - F - Kris Wilkes (Offer)

It appears that you took my comment way more seriously than it was intended. Lighten up, man.

There really wasn’t anything to be interpreted in your comment. You stated something as a fact, it was wrong. I’m not sure why it was even needed.

His comment certainly came off as a joke…

2 Likes

In the words of Jim Harbaugh, “Everyone that is for us… Is for us.” Nothing solves an issue like Harbaugh. Apologies if I misinterpreted you. A word of note though, sarcasm doesn’t work well through text.

1 Like

Harbaugh said he’d cheer for IU basketball over Michigan basketball because family comes first.

I think his joke come off as a joke, but at the same time the fact that Harbaugh… who is a walking, talking, epitome of a “Michigan Man” would cheer for IU over UM basketball…you get a pass.

Good Wilkes update

Not all of these programs have a shot, of course. Wilkes will cut down his list in coming weeks. Due to a family scheduling conflict, he won’t take an official to UCLA the weekend of Aug. 5-6 as planned, but likely will reschedule the trip to September. Maryland is another program likely to get one of Wilkes’ five allotted official visits. Kentucky remains on the outside of the bubble, having recruited Wilkes but not offered a scholarship.

Looks like we’re going to get out-gunned.

Made the top 11! Don’t know if I should feel excited or that we made the “super exclusive” group of 11::sarcasm::

Those are the top 11 schools that offered him. Why do kids do this?

It might have something to do with the fact that they’re 16-17 year old kids.

2 Likes

Do u guys think we have a real shot?

Using the same rigor that it took Wilkes to narrow his list to 11 I would guess we have a 5% chance

Well. This will be interesting.

We will know where we stand with him. If we’re in the top 5, I hope we continue to pursue him.

I don’t think I’d “save a spot” for him and refuse a commitment from Cain/Smith/Tillman/Eastern, but I’d continue to pursue him.

He’s planning on a spring decision IIRC

UNC board just said that UNC is now eliminated and he will not be visiting there at the end of this month. Brian Snow of Scout reported it first.

2 Likes

How awesome would it be to get this kid

I am floored if that is true. That seemed to be the direction his recruitment was heading. Actually think have a slim chance if that is the case and we make the top 5

1 Like

Yeah it’s 100% true. It’s kinda weird too, he apparently really wanted a scholarship and he set up an official right after he got it. There’s also a pretty big hole at that spot in the depth chart next year. I wonder what happened that ended UNC’s recruitment with him so suddenly.

1 Like