2017 - F - Jamal Cain (Offer)

I like both but I’m confident Mathew over Poole if we are comparing games.

Comparing games at the 2 spot? Or just in general? Because I think Matthews may very well be the more productive/important player over the three years that he and Poole overlap. I just think they will play different positions.

Mathews will be a three Imo all day I was talking straight who I’d rather have

1 Like

Burke and THJ were not our primary ball screen running duo as might be inferred from your phrasing here. Burke used ball screens 5 times more than THJ. THJ was pretty bad at ball screens too–Stauskas yielded much better points per possession on ball screens at around the same usage. Freshman spike was better than THJ in terms of points per possession although he used significantly less ball screens.

I readily concede the efficiency argument, as I did earlier. My point was about opportunity/volume. Clearly THJ was second in the ballhandling tier next to Burke. He was the ballhandler in more than 125 screens, which averages out to roughly 4 per game based on a 30 game season. Using that baseline, there is opportunity for Jamal to be playmaker in the form of a PnR ballhandler in my opinion.

Has the staff been in to see Cain this week?

No, they should be in to see him next week.

1 Like

Appreciate the response, thanks.

1 Like

if you are allowed to say, does Cain feel like he is a priority for the staff? I know you are continuing to ring the bell that the staff does not “show the love/attention” that they should, but does Cain at least get the context of this just being the way that the staff operates?

I would be willing to guess that that’s a little much to disclose.

gotta try… it is my biggest frustration with @mattd that he provides so much information but sometimes with out a justification or specificity. It is understandable why with him trying to be on this board as a fan with information and not compromise his work. Tough line to walk, but leaves me wanting me more

Exactly why I haven’t linked to my site here for months. I do what I can to provide relevant info when warranted but it is a conflict to a large degree. I use discretion

2 Likes

Has Cain told you where he’s going to commit yet? Lol

1 Like

St. Bonaventure on 10/23

4 Likes

LOL!!! Watch your jokes MattD, people are going to start yelling why are we recruiting an A10 player!!

2 Likes

MAAR is a better SG than Wilson so Cain isn’t starting there.

We are hoping Matthews starts at the right? So Cain isn’t starting there.

I think Cain would have a better shot of beating out Wilson than MAAR. Have you seen Wilson play? He isn’t that good.

Is this a serious post or sarcastic, I can’t tell. So I won’t respond to it.

Which part?

Do you honestly think Wilson is better than MAAR?

Do you mean Watson?

No, he means Duane Wilson from Marquette.

1 Like