2017 - F - Isaiah Livers (Commit)

Love me some offseason workout highlights

9 Likes

Iā€™d like to see livers get some ISOā€™s on the post. Not sure if Dylan has any stats on this but I feel like whenever livers gets down low he hits a very high percentage of turn arounds or gets a nice look. Itā€™s just few and far between.

I kid you not, I feel like Livers will be the team MVP next year.

Simpson and Teske are very offensively limited. Our 3 top scorers are leaving, which leaves Livers as the primary scorer and primary wing defender - which he is capable of being.

1 Like

Hopefully he realizes this is his chance to be the man offensively. I personally think livers will be the three and Johns the four. I really think theyā€™re going to come through. I hope johns can get comfortable so we can see his offensive talent shine through. Heā€™s got an intriguing skill set that could be deadly in this offense if he can get there mentally.

6 Likes

it wouldnā€™t surprise me either. Johns should be a good fit at the 4 and Livers can play either position. Johns needs to make a big sophomore leap of course but weā€™ve seen a number of guys do that under JB.

He has more all around game than we have seen so far, if you look at some his high school tape he had some handles so this does not shock me.

Dang, Isaiah is working out with Micah Lancasterā€¦ thatā€™s pretty legit. I know a lot of NBA guys, even some All-Stars, have worked out with him.

3 Likes

Oladipo, most notably.

1 Like

I do wonder if he could slim down 10 pounds or whatever and improve his handle and be a good scoring 3 for us. He has the jumper and showed a bit of a nascent pull-up game and some composure while driving.

At gunpoint Iā€™d bet heā€™s our leading scorer next year, like Iggy was this year, with like 14 a game, very narrowly ahead of Teske going from 10 last year to 13 or so this year.

If I had to guess, I think Liversā€™ points goes up to 14 a game (and then leaves for the NBA).

Simpsonā€™s production stays where itā€™s at, Teske improves by two or three points, and then we see a good amount of point production from a combo of Wilson/Johns/Eli/DDJ, with the rest going towards Castleton/Nunez.

When looking at the 2018/19 team, I think itā€™s Teske and Livers that have the highest ultimate NBA ceiling (higher than CM, Iggy, Poole). Both Teske and Livers have a way to go, but the raw size and athletic ability are there. Itā€™s great to see Livers working on his ball handling and driving. He could be a major force for us next year.

And, hey, Duncan inspires everyone on the team.

1 Like

I agree with much of that, but expect we will see significant contribution from Brooks and almost none from Nunez. Also, assuming we get Cumberland and/or Franz they will factor heavily into the mix.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a strong take :eyes:

I think Iggy has the best NBA potential from those five. I think he is still developing his game and can be a strong 6th/7th man with low-level starting potential.

I think Teske has a path to a long NBA career as a backup center, but the center spot is getting phased out by the ā€œposition-lessā€ schemes taking hold ā€” I donā€™t see backup centers being much more than the 10th/11th man on a bench? But I think Teskeā€™s defense and ability to pick and pop from 3pt range give him a chance at an 8-10yr NBA back of the rotation player.

Matthews seems very much like a niche player who needs to find the right roster & scheme to stick in the NBA. Potential to become an elite lockdown defender at the 2/3 spots with limited offensive contribution.

Iā€™m not sure where Poole fits in the NBA. He has the range and swagger. Not sure if the defense, ballhandling, and shooting consistency will improve enough to allow him to stick in the NBA?

Livers, Iā€™m interested in seeing how he adapts to a more prominent role this season. He has elements to his game that would seem to put him on a potential NBA path.

Lancaster and ImPossible is based in Grand Rapids. Lancaster is from there and the HQ is still there. If anyone has Instagram go check out his page and it shows tons of high level NBA guys who have been through GR. Brandon ingram and OG Anunuby are two recent ones.

He goes down to Florida (Miami?) to train with Oladipo at his gym during the summer, too. Definitely known for his different methods of teaching.

He travels everywhere lol. But yeah heā€™s down there a lot. He owns Team Rio the Under Armour team that had Scottie Lewis and Bryan Antoine as well I think.

1 Like

Lmao @ this comment. Still feel the same way lol.

We get it. People are occasionally wrong. What is the point of constantly digging out comments from years ago? Do you think youā€™ve never had a bad take?

5 Likes
5 Likes

If everyone else is grinding like this this summer Michigan will be just fine next year.

1 Like