2017 - C - Mo Bamba (Offer)

Paywalled

Basically, Livers, Poole and Brooks have been keeping in touch and think he’s a great fit for the program. The most interesting tidbit is that they say Eli played against MB multiple times in high school. Not sure whether it was AAU or scholastic.

6 Likes

Coach K didn’t even play Marques Bolden today.

Gotta hope that Bamba has been watching us the last few weeks. Mo and DJ are showing what talented big men can do in our offense.

1 Like

Hopefully Mo watched us and Duke today

3 Likes

Giles is going pro?

I think he is expected to declare

Crazy that Kennard and Allen may stay and Giles may go, but thats Duke for you… Giles as a top 3 player in HS will be way better utilized/developed in the league, even if he goes in the teens.

I’m curious if anyone has heard more on Bamba’s timeline. Jarrett Allen going at TX (but maybe w/o an agent?), Duke’s draft exits, our quality of play, and Mo/DJ’s draft narrative probably could all play in.

Last I’d heard people were projecting (although probably w/o any actual knowledge) he would be doing something in the next few weeks, but could see waiting on draft declarations if that is meaningful to his final choice.

I’m sure he’s looking at it. In 3 weeks, he will have a pretty good sense of who is declaring for the draft.

I dont feel like Jarrett Allen helped himself much this year in context of draft status. I havent seen him high on anyone’s board…

1 Like

http://www.slamonline.com/college-hs/high-school/hs-diary-no-7-mohamed-bamba/#hphvgUOO4CMsEect.97

As of last Thursday, no mention of our recent big play

He was in China for a while there, not sure how long he was/is out there.

do not see any reason for him making decision before May

I would be extremely apprehensive to touch Giles anywhere near the first round after the season he had. I’m surprised he doesn’t come back and dominate next year.

romeo i agree, but isnt this the advantage of having coach K as team USA coach? seems like he call an owner up and make a pitch

I suppose.

“Hey I got this great player, who only plays 15 minutes a game, on a height-deprived lineup…you should draft him in the first round.”

Which is odd when I saw him late in the year against Baylor he looked like a stud. Great player for the late lottery if you could get him.

I stand corrected. He is #12 on this board. Must have missed him

He wasn’t doing much early when Michigan saw him, but exploded down the stretch with some big games.

Chase Jeter is transferring from duke. With him leaving and Bolden not seeing the floor, I think it’s clear they are clearin space for Bamba to come.

1 Like

well, maybe he is worrying about another injury will end his basketball career for good.