2017 - C - Mo Bamba (Offer)

Well he knows his way around contracts that is for sure

1 Like

Mohamed Bamba recruitment seems too close to call

@CoryR is a friend of the Free Press?

Bambaā€™s Duke official starts today

Go 'Noles?

We should take turns holding our breath, in shifts.

1 Like

Does anyone know if belein and crew is reaching out often? Turning up the heat? I keep hearing about smart or cal or now this duke visit but not much about us keeping tabs or going to his games on off days ect. We really should sell out here as time winds down. We could be a champion with him. Worth the full onslaught.

1 Like

From his comments I donā€™t think heā€™d like that kind of pressure or fanfare.

Thatā€™d be good, because the difference couldnā€™t be starker, between Crisler and Cameronā€™s atmospheres.

http://forum.umhoops.com/t/ncaa-discussion/2256/136?u=nswan

moving this to where it probably belongsā€¦ sorry

Yeah thatā€™s a fair point. I also see a bit logjam at the 4/5 at Michigan. That doesnt mean that Bamba certainly wouldnt get his time but having half your team committed to those two positions doesnt leave a ton of options at the other three. Especially looking at the unproven options at the 1-3 next year wouldnt leave me, if I were Bamba, a ton of confidence on what would be provided there

From what I gather, both are near 100% physically. I am guessing there is a bit of extra thinking going on also playing catch up to get to game shape.

This is what I hope is key, in the pitch to Bamba. Having 4 centers on scholarship will be Michiganā€™s problem, not Bambaā€™s. Iā€™m not sure how Bamba and Mo fit together, but Bamba will get every opportunity to display/utilize his elite athleticism, rim protecting, and rebounding.

1 Like

Not to deviate this thread but the statement ā€œDukes inability to guard the rim will be a serious problemā€ may be the death-knell for Michigan getting Bamba. Beyond the other legit reasons to go to Duke (e.g. history, K, academics), the ability for Bamba to fill a legit hole for Duke moving forward would be big

We have the same glaring deficiency, but I could see the appeal of being Dukeā€™s rim protector being stronger than doing the same for Michigan for the same reasons you said: history, K, consistent success.

Does anyone know if Giles and Bolden are still hurt? Seems like Bolden simply cant find the court, if he isnā€™t.

Bolden could potentially be looking like chase jeter and just not be that good in college. Idk why he would go to duke with both of those guys on the roster though. Either one could POTENTIALLY turn things around.

They might have Giles, Jeter, Bolden, and Carter on their
Roster next year. Thatā€™s more of a reason not to go to duke than to go there.

Dukeā€™s last 3 top 10 big man recruits:

Chase Jeter (#4 C 2015) 2.6 PPG, 2.1 RPG
Marques Bolden (#2 C 2016) 1.9 PPG, 1.3 RPG
Harry Giles (#1 PF 2016) 4.5 PPG, 4.1 RPG

Gotta assume Giles goes pro, but Bamba could very well be behind Jeter and Bolden for minutes next year, just as they sat behind Amile Jefferson this year and Marshall plumlee last year.

Pitch him on coming to make up half of the most dangerous front court in the country: Mo & Mo.

1 Like

I canā€™t see Giles leaving unless he really picks things up.

I think youā€™re interpreting it the wrong way. Not being interested in recruiting hype is not mutually exclusive with wanting a great arena atmosphere.

2 Likes

Ohh, I see what you mean. Youā€™re right.

Wagner slides to the 4, Bamba plays the 5 and DJ comes off the bench for either one. The minutes distribution would likely be fairly equal between the three.

1 Like

Both of those guys had been almost completely nonexistent this year. If I were Bamba, and I was looking for the best one and done path to the NBA, it certainly would not be Duke.