2017 - C - Mo Bamba (Offer)

Hopefully he sees how little Coach K plays Bolden and Giles

And we should also add, at this point in time, Langford doesnā€™t exactly play like a future All American. He might develop. He might have been better in our system. But right now, he doesnā€™t look real good.

Iā€™ve been wondering that as well if Langford would have been better off in Beileins system. He hasnā€™t impressed me in Izzoā€™s same with Eron Harris

Harris was a prolific scorer at WVU. At MSU, heā€™s become a part time player even though heā€™s a senior.

Itā€™s Izzoā€™s system. Handcuff U

2 Likes

The author of an article from PA Live gives a good read on Mo Bamba the person and player. The article does not offer any recruiting insight.

Sorry if you have to copy n paste the link.

FWIW, Bamba showed on Instagram that he was watching the gift that the refs gave Minnesota on Sunday

3 Likes

Whereā€™s CoryR with his daily ā€œrelax, Bamba is going Blueā€ post.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know anyone was worried?

8 Likes

What did he say?

He didnā€™t say anything he just posted a picture of him watching the Michigan game. He mostly posts about Duke and Michigan

1 Like

Then he has to see how heā€™s the perfect player to take us to the next level right? Rebounding, toughness, interior d. Heā€™s got some nice skills too. I could see him developing into a nightmare to guard out to three, on the roll like moe and dj. The three of them plus teske would be the best/ most Versaitle bigs in the nation.

Heā€™s exactly what we need. Plus itā€™s just clear to me that if he cares about being position less and improving his skills that Michigan is the best spot for him. Also how is Westtown not the best team in the country ? Their lineup is incredible and far and way most talented. Cam reddish looks equally talented to me as well.

1 Like

yes he would be a great for next, but if he doesnā€™t pick blue it would be interesting to see if the hype around Davis is trueā€¦ anytime you hear coaches say ā€œmaybe we shouldnā€™t have redshirtā€ this year is encouragingā€¦ but Mo would be a huge get for Coach Beilein and staff, especially with the knock on him not recruiting 5 starsā€¦

Hypothetically speakingā€¦If we do land Bambaā€¦What is our rotation looking like? Possibility of sliding DJ to the 3 Going Moe-Mo-Dj?

what a lineup that would beā€¦ with Teske, Davis on the bench waiting to rotate inā€¦

I wonder if Bamba is on the same page as his coach who said heā€™s only going to college because he canā€™t go straight to the NBA. Iā€™m not under the illusion that he plans to play 4 years of college ball but all of his comments have included valuing his education and university network.

Itā€™s always interesting to see what ultra-talented athletes will do when faced with the possibility of earning money.

It sure is and understandable as well. I just wonder if Bamba is stuck between NBA dreams (thus the comments from the coach) and his parents goals (who he has said were disappointed he eliminated Harvard). With the exception of Kentucky though his final list includes good academic choices for a kid who is interested in business.

1 Like

Itā€™s refreshing when a student athlete understands the academic opportunities he has. I hope he goes anywhere except UK. Iā€™m a Big 10 guy. Anytime a conference member signs a player like Bamba I love it. Raises the bar for everyone to match. A heck of a lot more fun to play against.
Good luck to Michigan. Hope this works out and Moe wears the Maize & Blue next season.

4 Likes

Courtesy of chezaroo in the nba thread. I think itā€™s relevant for Mo too. Hello internship.

3 Likes