2017 - C - Mo Bamba (Offer)

I think you just play Wagner at the four. I don’t see the issue. Dj off the bench getting some spot minutes as b/u three. Can moe guard the four? No but he can’t guard the five either so who cares. Bamba for the d moe for the o.

Being guarded by smaller, faster 4s–instead of slower 5s–would takeaway Mo’s offensive advantages. Mo benefits from taking guys his size off the dribble and luring them from the paint, where they are less comfortable.

I think the team would benefit most from them both playing 20ish minutes per night, and having probably the best 5 coming off the bench in the conference (like Hammons and Isaac). Though I’d really like to see some high-low post between DJ-Bamba-Mo (like Swannigan-Hammons). Seems like DJ needs to fix his passing for that, though.

If I read this right they already have Richards, Washington, Vanderbilt, signed as bigs. Plus Gabriel, jones, Humphrues and wynyard. I’m assuming bams gone. Maybe Gabriel leaves too, not sure what he’s projected.Why would bamba want to go where they have 6 or 7 highly ranked bigs already? He’d be the highest ranked but still it makes no sense. I feel like Texas and Michigan just make way more sense idk.

1 Like

Chris Balas saying that we are right there with Texas, Duke, and Kentucky.

So put Jordan Poole in the camp of those who feel stalking Mo Bamba every waking moment is not in our best interests:

“So obviously, I’m staying in touch with him, making sure things are alright, but I’m not pressuring him too much, to the point where he’ll get sick of it. I’m just keeping him in the loop.”

I hope so. I just didn’t like the I talk to them once in a while comment. It didn’t sound interested/ enthusiastic when asked.

That roster would be very interesting and talented. I guess I just don’t see why he’d be intersted in Kentucky where they have 8 big already. I get he’s the top one and the choice to replace bam I’m assuming but still.

1 Like

Nothing at all optimistic from Sam Webb on yesterday’s recruiting roundup regarding Bamba.

“Daunting task” - “I wouldn’t get my hopes up” - “I think Duke is going to get him”

I love Sam, but I wouldn’t call him connected in the world of basketball recruiting. This is nothing more than what we yahoos pull from our backsides and put on this forum.

1 Like

I’m still waiting for Sam’s “gut feeling” on Najee Harris to pan out.

2 Likes

I preface this by saying I don’t think there’s any chance in hell Mo Bamba comes to Michigan.

That’s said, it isn’t based on any inside information and I don’t consider Sam Webb to be well connected in the basketball recruiting circles.

Sam is on a level all to himself in terms of UM football recruiting information, but not so much for basketball.

I wouldn’t feel any worse about Bamba based on Sam’s report if I were you guys.

1 Like

Sam never gave a gut feeling on Najee and his reasons for optimism were very legit. He had a room at Michigan, a student ID, had requested a Michigan hype video, and his family wanted him there. He has done all the steps necessary to enroll without officially doing it.

3 Likes

Duke has always seemed the probable destination – but if he is at all serious about the academics/alumni stuff then Kentucky is not the destination, and I’d feel pretty good about UM’s chances vs Texas. Still, it will be an upset if it’s anywhere but Duke.

1 Like

Underestimate Sam’s take on the Bamba recruitment at your own emotional peril. He’s pretty much resigned to the fact that Duke is his future home.

Well, he went as far as projecting him into our class…

Just like you are saying we are getting Bamba. Do you get to take you to task when that doesn’t happen?

Have I ever steered you wrong before?!

And he said numerous times he was not confident enough to issue a gut feeling.

Right. I’m obviously mocking the apprehension of putting the renowned “gut feeling” projection on the line.

I have no idea what you’re mocking/arguing. You said he gave a gut feeling, I’m saying you’re wrong.