2017 - C - Mo Bamba (Offer)

Despite still being pretty much of a puppy physically.

I think people are forgetting how raw Embiid was in HS. He literally didn’t start playing basketball until age 15. He had off-the-chart physical abilities and unlimited potential but he didn’t have the refined basketball skills I’m seeing with Bamba.

Bamba at 18 is more skilled than Embiid was at 18. Saying otherwise is a “reach”.

Kentucky grabbed another 5 star frontcourt athlete today, can’t imagine them having much more room for Bamba

Kentucky always finds a way to create more scholarship room for a 5-star

2 Likes

I mean when your entire team leaves for the NBA withing 2 years it’s hard to really feel like there’s many scholarship restriction issues.

Hard to believe this is serious interest. Temple is mediocre in every way that he seems to care about.

Temple is in pretty close proximity to where he lives right? May have been just an informal stop by

Has he indicated a commitment timeframe?

BREAKING: Coach K to have lower back surgery and expected to miss an extended period of time. Jeff Capel will take over.

— #DukeNation (@TheDukeNation) January 2, 2017

There were already rumors about this being K’s last season with Wojo taking over next year.

Not sure if this helps with Bamba at all but he sure can’t hurt.

3 Likes

He is on ESPN at 8 est tonight

Unfortunately won’t be able to watch but hope someone can provide a scouting report.

Bamba’s wingspan is ridiculous. He had at least 5 blocks in the first half, a few on DeAndre Ayton (#1 player in the country).

2 Likes

Have been watching, also. Like buckets12 mentions, his wingspan is incredible. He may not have all of the game of basketball figured out but he’s not sitting back and waiting on it come to him, either. Active player in all the right ways. Always around the ball. One thing I saw him do that made my jaw drop was watching him go to another gear when running the floor. That kid can really motor.

1 Like

Fresh off the CB to UK, Bamba to take OV to Kentucky next week

ESPN just ran a graphic where they asked Bamba to describe the coaches recruiting him in one word each.

Coach K: “legendary”
Calipari: “intense”
Shaka Smart: “enthusiastic”
JB: “caring”

3 Likes

Lol. One of those is not like the other.

2 Likes

Lol unreal