2017 - C - Mo Bamba (Offer)

Curious if Bamba shows up at the Gardens to watch our game.

2 Likes

I hope Mo is watching

5 Likes

No one got better at all under Amaker. Horton or abram were solid as freshmen, then nothing. Courtney sims would put up 30 against 6’6" non conference centers then be a big 0 in conference. It was rough to watch.

1 Like

Bamba, Wagner and Wilson would be entertaining…and long

3 Likes

How about a 2-3 zone with those three… That would be interesting to see.

Even if Bamba commits to Michigan, Beilein is not going to go THAT big and play all 3 together.

Under the hypothetical of Bamba at Michigan next year, there would be the possibility of Bamba & Wagner sharing the court for some short rotations with Wagner spelling Wilson at the big wing spot — and Michigan going 2-3 zone with Wagner-Bamba-Matthews on the back row. But even that would be a limited minutes rotation group, IMO.

My reaction would be it has been well-documented Harvard has relaxed its admissions standards for basketball players, to the ire of the rest of the Ivy League. There was a New York Times article about this a few years back. I don’t care what Amaker does at Harvard, he couldn’t get (or develop) great players here.

2 Likes

And why not? They have relaxed standards for the children of millionaires. Why not for pre-millionaires?

4 Likes

I think if bambas watching it’s pretty clear a center in our offense can thrive. He’d thrive in this role as well. If he was watching this it has to really help our chances.

1 Like

I loved how the TV announcer said, both Thursday and Friday night, that JB’s offense is especially great for bigs.

2 Likes

What about Teske?

AAU teammate Quade Green just committed to Kentucky. It’ll be interesting to see how this all plays out. Is Bamba all talk in regards to alumni connections and the importance of academics or will his decision be a professional one? I also realize he’s 17 or 18 and they change their ideas and decisions every other day.

I wonder if DJ’s emergence makes UM more or less appealing. Certainly less playing time available next year.

1 Like

No, if bamba is wearing maze n Blue, he’s starting at center and playing 30+ minutes a game. Wagner will be losing minutes.

1 Like

Amaker is not known for developing players, and playing Ivy league competition does not help at all. I hate negative recruiting, but someone in Bamba’s inner circle should tell him the fact.

1 Like

Different positions — Wilson is a wing, Bamba is a center — so really doesn’t impact Bamba’s potential PT. Wagner losing out on mins to Donnal has a larger impact on Bamba’s path to immediate playing time, IMO.

Wilson’s emergence probably makes the center’s responsibilities a little easier, especially on the defensive end?

We were all talking about Wagner and Bamba starting together (with Wagner at the 4) prior to DJ emerging. Now, DJ’s emergence would mean that Bamba would have to straight up beat out a junior Wagner. Maybe that’s not as hard as I think it might be, but he’s still an incumbent upperclassmen starter

If Wagner develops to the point where Bamba is not a lock to start, I’d say that’s a good thing.

2 Likes

1- x
2-Maar
3-Wilson
4-Bamba
5-Wagner

Is Wilson at the 3 really that crazy? On defense we seem to switching quite a bit now. Wilson and Bamba can guard 5 positions.

I imagine a national championship where our defense creates an impossible situation for opposing teams, lob city on offense while our highly skilled 7footers chip in half a dozen 3 pointers per game to throw salt into the wound.

This sagging man-to man/ heavy on the help defense in the paint, which we seem to be doing will be killer with 3 very mobile 7 footers.

We will be the tallest team to win a championship in awhile.

1 Like

Yes. He’s just barely quick enough to stay in front of 4’s. He’d get shredded by most 3’s.

1 Like