2017 - C - Mo Bamba (Offer)

Here we are a post threat and defensive guy? Weird why would Coach B ever need this in his Michigan offense. Mchen83 probably would be one of the few guys to figure this out. Its good for the program if you can get an active, athletic player like this in the system. It could change how other top players look at Coach B’s system and realize that they could thrive in it if surrounded by shooters.

I hope you’re using hyperbole there? CWeb was the No.1 recruit in the nation his year. Juwan Howard was consensus top-5. Just to stick with one recruiting class.

But, yes, without the hyperbole, a strong case can be made that this would be the best high school recruit of Beilein’s career — any stop.

I did mean since Beilein has been here.

This article was put up on august 24th, I wonder why it was never mentioned on any other sites that he was a target.

After the Battle, Langford, Winston disappointments, Beilein is due for a break. Not holding my breath, but a gorgeous football weekend in Ann Arbor can’t hurt in recruiting Bamba and his family.

move along, nothing to see here

Honestly if we added bamba id place a large bet on us to win the title at whatever odds. A roster of

X / brooks
Maar/poole
Marhews/ duncan/ ibi
Wagner/ livers
Bamba/teske

That is a scary good roster. That would be imo the best class he ever recruited and possibly the most talented roster we’ve had. We’d have to alter the offense a bit imo. No need to chuck threes with that team.

Issue is you’d have to sit wagner, Mathews or Maar possibly to get Duncan in, but imo all three are too talented to sit. Maybe sit wagner and sub faster but something tells me Wagner will be pretty special in two years.

1 Like

Disrespectful saying that that team is more talented than the 2013 team…

5 Likes

99.9% sure Bamba won’t come here but for the fun of it,

X - MAAR - Matthews - Wagner - Bamba lineup would be the #1 defense in the nation. Which would be weird for a Beilein team.

It also would probably be a nightmare watching them shoot 3’s but fun to think about!

1 Like

I don’t think so. In terms of raw talent end to end. Would they develop? Idk

Hey, go for him. We definitely need a big in the 2017 class, and if it’s one who can step right in and start, so much the better. Beilien has never landed a C/PF that good, though, so I’m not getting my hopes up. And if you think that Beilein would play Bamba and Wagner at the same time, you may be disappointed. Beilien has never played a regular lineup with a true center and power forward in all his time here.

I think we all know that but if Wagner develops his three point shot to where I think he could, then it’s feasible

Correction: We definitely need a big in the 2017 class if it’s a consensus 5 star immediate impact guy. It’s not even close to a position of need otherwise.

Except for that one guy named Mitch McGary who was #2 in the country when he committed. [quote=“MChem83, post:31, topic:2006”]
if you think that Beilein would play Bamba and Wagner at the same time, you may be disappointed. Beilien has never played a regular lineup with a true center and power forward in all his time here.
[/quote]

That’s simply not true. He tried to play Morgan and McGary together several times, it just didn’t work very well because of the lack of shooting. I don’t think anyone would argue that Wagner is a better shooter than Morgan. I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t try it when he has in the past. Whether it would work or not, I wouldn’t be too confident, but it really would not hurt to try.

Deshawn Sims was a PF and played quite a bit with Udoh and Gibson.

Evan Smotrycz was a PF and played quite a bit with Morgan.

sly,

What title are we betting on here?

I love your enthusiasm but that starting five would have a hard time challenging a starting 5 of all future NBA guys and the nations top point guard–which is what we had.

I am not accusing you of this Sly, but a lot of people assume x will be the next Burke or Ferrell…I don’t think that it is a fair assumption at all-- it is entirely possible that x will struggle to be average…

Not even close? Right now, we have no big on the roster who is proven to be Big Ten starting caliber, just some promise and a lot of finger crossing. So yes, it would be foolish to completely forego a big in the 2017 class.

McGary was not good enough to step right in and start. He was a bench player for most of his first season. And yes, Beilien never played McGary and Morgan together regularly, because that lineup did not fit his system. Which was my point. He wouldn’t do it with Bamba and Wagner, either.

1 Like

Smotrycz a power forward? Remind me not to take you seriously again.

1 Like

Wait, what was smotrycz then?

2 Likes

If we added mamba, my guess is we’d be like 30-1. I’d place a hundred dollars on that roster. It’s worth the risk imo. I don’t think x needs to be Burke for us to be a final four contender with that team.

We’d have a great mix of offense and defense. We’d have low post scoring, shooters, slashers, the ability to run and elite d. At 30-1 or so that is a perfect roster to gamble on.

Imo by his soph year x will be a solid to good pg. rock solid/ steady and heady winner with grit. That teams basement is sweet 16. If everything goes bad. The sky’s the limit honestly with a tesm like that.

I could go on for hours about that rosters potential. At 30-1 or so payout I’d gamble a hundred dollars all day.

The difference though is by his junior year I think it’s possible Wagner could be a legit three point threat. He didn’t shoot well from deep this year but I attribute that to being excited.

He looks to have nice touch and showed in Europe he can shoot the three. Mitch was developing a nice mid range game but neither him or Jordan were three point shooters.

I think moe in two years will be a threat from three. Hell I expect him to do it this year at a decent clip.

Also I know it seems far fetched but I could see belein adjusting his style with this roster. Wagner might be too talented to sit and I think it’s clear mamba is.

I don’t think he’s coming here but hell you never know. We’d punish the big ten with that roster. It would be so deep and versaitle. Combine that with beleins developmental skills and overall coaching and honestly there is no limit to that teams capabilities.

I know I’m long winded and it seems I’m insane to insinuate this but in two years who knows what Mathews, x, Maar, Wagner and even Duncan will be at. With coaches track record with unheralded guys imagine what Mathews might look like? He could be a potential lottery pick for all we know. I expect Maar to be all big ten first or second team by his senior year. Like I said I could go on for days. Let’s hope mamba really gives us a shot. If he wants to one over all and develop his skills/ face up game coach b can do that for him.

1 Like