2017 - C - Mo Bamba (Offer)

If they do get Bamba, the program could then re-brand itself as “Athletic Big Man U” and silence the doubters for good. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.

2 Likes

I would second this. When John believes he could get the da*ned students to TURN UP for a Midnight Madness, I’ll bet he would willingly hold one.

1 Like

Why doesn’t Bamba just get it over with and commit to M already like CoryR assured me.

5 Likes

So from this article, I learned that Bamba has an outie belly button. This is BIG. Bodes well for Michigan’s chances.

1 Like

Sounds like he’s playing it very smart–get your schools in view, see them up close, then watch their seasons unfold and see how you would fit in. Hope he and Shaka just. . . failed to click. :slight_smile:

No, hope that Wagner is featured when Texas comes to Crisler :slight_smile: Im sure he’ll watch that one.

All year hopefully.

I’m glad that we will get a chance to show performance on court this year before he makes a call. If he was basing it on prior years, I’m not sure how well we would stand, but overdelivering on court should certainly help. Need a year like or approaching 2011-12 (reg season not tourney)

In the few articles I’ve read Bamba seems to want more than a traditional big man’s role. I don’t know of a better coach than Beilein to design that role for him.

3 Likes

I don’t think waiting longer helps us. Duke and Kentucky should both be really good this year. Duke is the odds-on favorite to win the title.

2 Likes

They’re both good every year, even in an off year. He’s probably waiting to see who is likely to declare from the current crop of 1-and-done’s. I would also imagine he’s doing his due diligence to figure out how he fits into a coach’s scheme.

I tend to agree.

But if we can just score a head-to-head upset of UK or Duke in the tournament, we might stand a chance.

I mean, they are both good every year yes. But Duke is getting 7/2 odds right at a NC right now.

Mr. Richards is down to three: Kentucky, Arizona, and Syracuse. We need him to go to Kentucky so they’ll leave bamba alone :slight_smile:

Might be wrong, but I believe most people expect Richards to go to Kentucky.

1 Like

There’s a very high probability of Richards going to Kentucky in my opinion. :basketball:

1 Like

Bamba is down to Duke, UConn, Michigan, Syracuse, Texas and Harvard–spread the word. I’m going to take it for granted that he’s a bright guy and wants an education which means, in fact, that he’s down to us and Harvard. Now, where can you go to school, get a superior education AND play on a NC caliber-team? Experience the bright lights and pleasures of one of the country’s best university towns? At Harvard? I think not. (I once lived in Cambridge and know whereof I speak.) Longstoryshort: Bamba is almost unquestionably headed to Ann Arbor.

Yea, or Duke…

Im hoping to grab him obviously, just have a tough time seeing us land him.

Poole’s tweet is still interesting to me though.

5 Likes