2017 - C - Mo Bamba (Offer)

I don’t think he’s the type of guy who would play around like that. If he’s gonna commit somewhere I think he’ll do so and be done with it.

1 Like

Why’d Poole have to use the “silent” zipper face?

Could be saying something as innocuous as “let our game do the talking”. I wouldn’t try to read into twitter emojis though. If Bamba was a silent, some insider type would likely have leaked something alluding to it. So, nah.

2 Likes

Cup = Champion(ship)
Zipper = Loose lips sink (ship)s
…and scholarships of course

And friendship id imagine

I’m confused why any if you take that as relating to bamba?

He’s in the picture?

And I don’t think any of us necessarily “take it” as relating to Bamba. It’s more wishful thinking than anything. But if Bamba were to commit then the picture and caption might make more sense in hindsight.

It says a lot of ships. Without him there is still a lot.

Right, but the comment plus the zipper face plus Bamba being in the picture is the reason some of us have wishful thinking. It isn’t hard to correlate.

Does it mean anything? Probably not at all. But it really shouldn’t be confusing why some could have “wishful thinking” about the picture + caption.

I don’t see a zipper.

Some phones do not display all emoji characters. My phone does not show the “zipper lips face” either but My phone does show the caption “a lot of ships in this picture” followed by a “championship trophy emoji” followed by a “square”. When a phone does not support an emoji character it puts a square in place of the character. I guess others can see Poole’s intended “zipper lips emoji”.

When you put it all together I think it is highly suggestive that Bamba might be choosing us, and some of the players know about it, but they need to keep it secret until Bamba announces or makes his final decision. I love that Bebopson connected the emoji meaning with the phrase “loose lips sink ships”–it makes the twitter post very clever or very confusing (I suppose) depending how this all plays out.

The smiley has a zipper, not a doobie.

1 Like

I see a square as well

It’s just because whatever operating system/browser you are using isn’t up to date with Unicode Standard. Square boxes appear when a computer doesn’t recognize the character.

Yea I’m on my phone, not sure. Need some updates. I’ve had a few things not work lately

Here.

I guess that it just seems like weird wording if it wasn’t meant to be a teaser.

4 Likes

The fact that it was tweeted so many days after the photo was taken is a significant detail too, I think.

I will admit that my feelings are a little hurt that recruiting sites have not bought into the conclusions that our super sleuth decoders have arrived at here on umhoops forums. Don’t we have any sway? We all seem like reliable sources of info to me. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

To feed your guys’ delusion a little more:

Jordan liked this tweet in response. :laughing:

1 Like