2017 - C - Mo Bamba (Offer)

Based on everything I’ve heard, he truly enjoyed his visit. Seems like we are being considered here.

This is true, but is it based on anything from Bamba, his family or coaches? He and his people say next to nothing. I have not read anyone saying that their pick was based on inside info. If a 5 star has a list that includes Duke and Kentucky, and we don’t know anything else, pretty much every “analyst” is going to pick one of those two. I have yet to see them just say “we don’t have any insight, can’t pick a school” for any recruit.

I agree. I have no inside knowledge of Bamba’s actual thinking. I only have second-hand info that indicates Bamba enjoyed his visit. I truly hope he enjoyed it thoroughly

On Bamba, I noticed the Rivals summary considered him a “Power Forward”.

What’s the thinking of how he would fit? Who does he compare to?
Is he a traditional “4” for most teams but a 5 for us? Or do you think most teams play him as a 4/5? Or purely a 5?

What’s his “skill” level? Shooting, ball handling, footwork, etc?

I’d also read somewhere that Wendell Carter’s decision to go to Duke (not made, but if he did) could impact Bamba wanting to go elsewhere. Looking at their measurements it seems like you could definitely make both work (probably very well), but had anyone heard about how those two relate to each other with regards to Duke, how they play, etc?

This is a good point. Maybe its one or the other for Duke.

Good grief guys, what the heck happened to this thread. Mo Bamba anyone?

5 Likes

Attention deficit disorder, I suspect.

1 Like

I might have missed it earlier but does anyone know who is primary contact person on staff is or which member of the staff his side reached out to?

Syracuse was recently in to see Bamba.

My previous post about the theory of silent Bamba commit got deleted amongst the Cain chaos but this seems to fuel that fire… I can dream right?

2 Likes

I’m in with this. Have a good feeling

1 Like

I’m so hoping that’s the case. Why wouldn’t he officially commit though?

I think he did officially commit. Staff can’t talk about him. Other recruits don’t want to break his news for him. He seems to not really talk to any one. Circumstantial evidence would point towards a commit (including the narrative that the coaching staff is telling other recruits )

Also it’s not as if we are talking about a current timeframe that they can sign a LOI so there can be no physical/binding evidence

That makes a lot of sense. Why would he be waiting to announce it though?

Spinning my own narrative of the situation…

What kind of high five star recruit would actually want to come play for JB? There has been enough criticisms on these boards to point to JB being a more hands off recruiter, tends to pull kids who have strong family integration, large focus on academics, pull kids who are very well-mannered (gentleman line?), and don’t seem to have large egos. These are broad generalizations but I think most would agree that these seem to be the case. By all accounts Bamba seems to fit a lot within this. If he is indeed “humble” and doesn’t care much for the spotlight of the recruiting process what would be the point in making a large announcement? Maybe trying to keep himself a regular kid doing a regular commitment to go to college…

Would be amazing to get this kid. I’m hoping you’re right

I’m sorry, I really am, but is this conversation really happening? Maybe he hasn’t said anything about his silent commitment publicly because it only exists in the head of a couple Michigan basketball forum members?

5 Likes

Haha yeah I know… Pipe dreams and all that… Holding out some hope… Most likely just Poole trying to do some nudging