2016/17 Commitment Updates

Rivals #34 when he signed in November 2011.

1 Like

Xavier Simpson up to #45 in ESPN rankingsā€¦ still think this is criminally low considering what he has been doing this season and the quality of the leagueā€¦ glad he is getting some notice and excited to see him out perform Winston in the coming years

4 Likes

I really feel him rahkman And Dawkins along with Wilson and Wagner could end up being a great team. Actually Robinson to. Simpson rahkman Robinson and Dawkins could be a very versatile line up. Hopefully chatman sticks around because I could see a role for him there too. I actually still have hopes for him. He shows signs when heā€™s in now. Maybe he could turn into our four by his senior year. Team should be deep and talented for years.

How could Justin Jackson be ranked an 86 yet not in their top 100?

Did he early enroll? Dennis smith Jr. Was #4 and is now not on the list because he enrolled early. Decide on prep school perhaps with coaching changes at unlv?

Teske hit a game winner, remarkably similar to the Laettner shot against Kentucky:

1 Like

Big game for Xavier Simpson including the game-winner.

1 Like

Better video of the game winner

2 Likes

man heā€™s quick

For those curious about competitionā€¦ Lima Senior is ranked No. 2 in Division 1 and was playing Lima Catholic Central, who was No. 3 in D3. Big time game.

2 Likes

Dylan - is Division 1 the ā€œlargestā€ division? Iā€™ve seen things go both ways. Just curious.

I know here in Indiana 1A is the smallest and it goes up from there, but Iā€™m thinking it might be the opposite in this case.

Division 1 are the largest schools. Lima Catholic, even though Div. 3, is probably better than that because Catholic Schools can essentially recruit.

Got it. Thanks!

We see our share of that on the football field here in Indiana - doesnā€™t seem to happen as much in basketball, which is surprising considering itā€™s obviously a basketball state first.

2 game suspension for Ibi Watson

Sounds like he got a raw deal.

He will improve our on ball defense immediately after putting on his M uniform for the first time.

1 Like

Man, I remember reffing games in that gym like it was yesterday. Where has the time gone?

That was a big time shot. I canā€™t wait for this kid to get on campus.

I played high school ball in Ohio and I remember my coach saying that if you got ejected, it was a two game suspension according to the state.

We had a kid that kneed an opposing player in the groin on purpose, refs didnā€™t see it. Official from the JV game earlier saw it and told our coach. Nothing happened. We were responsible for watching film ourselves during lunch and we saw that he clearly did it on purpose. Only got a one game suspension. The team was upset because we felt that he should at least get the two game suspension.

Little basketball news ahead of Signing Day hoopla: UM commitment Xavier Simpson scored 65 last night. Yes, 65. https://t.co/FhPVmiVQlz

ā€” Tony Paul (@TonyPaul1984) February 3, 2016
1 Like

Kid has to keep rising in the rankings with these performances. I hope he finishes higher then Cassius. I personally already like his game more for us as he is a plus defender. Letā€™s hope he brings that attitude and leadership with him and the guys follow so that defensive effort is contagious. If you consider in two years it could be Simpson rahkmsm dawkins Wilson and say teske, you might have a great defensive team,

1 Like