Brendan Bailey

Has anyone seen or heard anything about how the Brendan Bailey visit went? I know he got offered but haven’t seen any articles on his reaction to the visit. Would love to see him in maize and blue in 2018.

Visit went really well. We could lead. Visiting Gonzaga soon, will decide soon after.

Bailey would be a major get for JB. He’s a stud shooter with length and by the time he hits campus, we’ll be losing a ton of talent so we’ll need somebody to step into a major role as a freshman.

Does he sign his LOI this signing period?

Does he sign his LOI this signing period?

May be wrong, but my understanding is Bailey is planning to make a decision here in the Fall as part of the 2016 class and then goes on his mission.

I saw Fall Decision for him. Anyone know how many more visits he plans on taking before deciding?

I saw Fall Decision for him. Anyone know how many more visits he plans on taking before deciding?
10/9 visit to Gonzaga. Decision shortly thereafter. Gonzaga, maybe Marquette, seem to be the main competition. Very different choices from Michigan.

I’ve always rooted for gonzaga as a second team dating back to the Dan Dickau years. Here’s to hoping few messes this recruitment up. I doubt it though as he seems to be a pretty good recruiter. Religious gee gosh willickers type of program/ environment over there if you know what I’m talking about so I could see baily being interested,

I’ve always felt after watching both teams pretty intently over the years that they run similar programs. Difference being that coach b gets the most out of everybody and guys really develop, and few is the opposite. He squanders talent and talented teams left and right. Props for making a small school a perennial contender but he really has had numerous teams over the years flounder,and players who left their senior year the same player they came in,if not worse. Elias Harris and josh heyveldt come to mind. Even after Josh’s arrest he had two years that was just such a waste of talent. Olynyck is the only kid I ever saw get better under few. If coach b had some of these teams with their stretch fours he’d be salivating. At least a few final fours and at least one chip, you can mark it. So I wish Brendan baily sees what I see and decides to come here. 2018 is far but worth the wait. He’d be coming in right when a lot of our talent would be drying up. Not to mention he’d be what 20 as a frosh? Could only imagine at age 20 he’d end up being even higher ranked as a frosh then he is now. He could be a top ten player in the 2018 class I’m sure just because of his physical and mental development when they all arivve on campus

I've always rooted for gonzaga as a second team dating back to the Dan Dickau years. Here's to hoping few messes this recruitment up. I doubt it though as he seems to be a pretty good recruiter. Religious gee gosh willickers type of program/ environment over there if you know what I'm talking about so I could see baily being interested,

I’ve always felt after watching both teams pretty intently over the years that they run similar programs. Difference being that coach b gets the most out of everybody and guys really develop, and few is the opposite. He squanders talent and talented teams left and right. Props for making a small school a perennial contender but he really has had numerous teams over the years flounder,and players who left their senior year the same player they came in,if not worse. Elias Harris and josh heyveldt come to mind. Even after Josh’s arrest he had two years that was just such a waste of talent. Olynyck is the only kid I ever saw get better under few. If coach b had some of these teams with their stretch fours he’d be salivating. At least a few final fours and at least one chip, you can mark it. So I wish Brendan baily sees what I see and decides to come here. 2018 is far but worth the wait. He’d be coming in right when a lot of our talent would be drying up. Not to mention he’d be what 20 as a frosh? Could only imagine at age 20 he’d end up being even higher ranked as a frosh then he is now. He could be a top ten player in the 2018 class I’m sure just because of his physical and mental development when they all arivve on campus

We’ve recruited some of the same players, e.g. Olynyck and Pangos.

I've always rooted for gonzaga as a second team dating back to the Dan Dickau years. Here's to hoping few messes this recruitment up. I doubt it though as he seems to be a pretty good recruiter. Religious gee gosh willickers type of program/ environment over there if you know what I'm talking about so I could see baily being interested,

We’ve recruited some of the same players, e.g. Olynyck and Pangos.

And DJ Wilson.

He’s off to Marquette. Would have been a nice jumpstart to 2018, but certainly not a deal breaker at this point.

Odd to lose a guy like this to Marquette. Hopefully Poole drops for us and we can replace a guy heading to Wisconsin with a guy from Wisconsin.

I liked his game – very nice shooting stroke and great length. Hopefully there are other long, top-50 wings on our radar for 17/18.

Odd to lose a guy like this to Marquette. Hopefully Poole drops for us and we can replace a guy heading to Wisconsin with a guy from Wisconsin.

Some were guessing a deciding factor was a pre-existing relationship with one of the coaches who was previously at Arizona State and is now at Marquette.

Some were guessing a deciding factor was a pre-existing relationship with one of the coaches who was previously at Arizona State and is now at Marquette.

That makes sense. Thanks for the info

Another possible factor was whether Beilein, given his age, would still be around 4 or 5 years from now.

Definitely seemed to be the Stan Johnson connection, mentioned multiple times in his quotes.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1601520-brendan-bailey-commits-marquette