Mailbag

Starting up a September mailbag… Submit some questions here.

If Zak Irvin is to miss any time, who will take his spot in the starting lineup?

Who are the most likely players to be a part of the 8 man rotation?

I know Beilein won’t install a platoon system here, but what would a Michigan platoon system look like with our increased depth this year?

Moving forward, what are the team’s biggest areas of need when recruiting?

How, if at all, will Nike/Jumpman change our recruiting landscape going forward?

Will Austin Davis take a prep year to space out the big men? i’m assuming no real scholarship crunch necessitating that move.

Do any of the big men in 2016 (including the freshmen) have the ability to play in a 2 big lineup? If so 1. Who are the most likely pairings and how do they work and 2. is JB willing to do this?

Or maybe I’m being short sighted and we’re really going to play a 3 big lineup because Wagner is really a Dirk clone.

Not sure if I’m too late on this or not but My question is below.

With Coach B pulling the offer from Winston do you think there will be any backlash from that in the recruiting world of Detroit and specifically the AAU program “The Family” with their future prospects?

The message is Jb gives you at least 20-30 points in ranking for being decisive and knowing what you want.

Do any of the big men in 2016 (including the freshmen) have the ability to play in a 2 big lineup? If so 1. Who are the most likely pairings and how do they work and 2. is JB willing to do this?

DJ Wilson projects to be a 4, as does Mo.

Donnal to a 4 in a pinch, otherwise, donnal/doyle/teske/davis are all 5s.

Is Brent Hibbitts the best walk-on Beilein has brought in and do you think he has the potential to be a rotation player some point in his career?

Does Wagner speak fluent English? If not, how do players deal with language barriers at this level?

1. How will Ricky Doyle fare against the quantity and quality of big men in the B1G?
  2. Which true sophomore will make the biggest jump from last season?
  3. Who are the sure thing and potential NBA players on the current roster?

Will this be John Beilein’s best defensive team at Michigan?

DJ Wilson projects to be a 4, as does Mo.

Donnal to a 4 in a pinch, otherwise, donnal/doyle/teske/davis are all 5s.

I understand that there are projections for DJ, MO, etc to play the 4 spot but I’m wondering who gets moved around to allow two of the bigs you’ve cited to regularly play in a 2 “big” front.

Walton
Caris
Albrecht
Maar
all getting run at the 1/2 is a real tough time share.

Irvin
Dawkins
Robinson
Chatman (I realize I’m making an assumption that he’s going to turn the corner)
Getting a bunch of minutes at the 3/4 probably can take up the majority of them by themselves.

Who do we sit of this group of 3/4 players to put DJ/MO in at the 4 much less to think about Donnal there? Tough to sit the offense in favor of the height unless MO/DJ bring their O.

DJ and Moe might project to the four, but this year they are likely fives due to the roster makeup IMO.

Jumbo lineup.

Kam Chatman, Duncan Robinson, DJ Wilson, Moe Wagner, Doyle.

Just Do It Beilein!

Based on recruiting it does seem like Kam is destined for the 2, which is close to the 1, throw duncan at the 2, a couple wings and big. play 2-3 zone, and then on offense just post up on small people. LOVE IT.