Michigan ranked 33rd by Lindy's

Michigan ranked 33rd in Lindy's preseason mag with the quote: "Luck’s gotta turn sometime, right?" pic.twitter.com/bC4O2PzTnJ

— Dylan Burkhardt (@umhoops) August 27, 2015

If we’re healthy, there aren’t 32 teams better than us.

• first time JB has a 3rd year starting PG
  • NBA wing
  • rising star in Dawkins
  • Irvin won’t have to shoulder the load
  • depth finally looks good: length on the roster, shooters, returners with game experience

I love that we’re ranked that low…because it doesn’t mean a thing. Realistically, I’d put us about 11th or 12th coming into the season. I would have no problem calling us national title contenders by year’s end.

Michigan ranked 33rd in Lindy's preseason mag with the quote: "Luck’s gotta turn sometime, right?" pic.twitter.com/bC4O2PzTnJ

— Dylan Burkhardt (@umhoops) August 27, 2015

I thought this was a football poll when I first read this. Their comment makes no sense for the basketball team. Assuming they meant we are bound for good luck there is no way that leaves us at 33.

It’s not where you start, it’s where you finish that matters most!

Where did you find this Dylan? I’ve looked but all I can find is two articles from InsideTheHall citing Lindy’s predictions.

Where did you find this Dylan? I've looked but all I can find is two articles from InsideTheHall citing Lindy's predictions.
From a copy of the mag, something else in there you are looking for?

Their 1st and 2nd team All Big Ten. If Blackmon and Ferrell are both on their first team, I’m curious to see who they left off. I think there are 6 guys and a combination of 5 of them are worthy of pre-season 1st team: LeVert, Valentine, Ferrell, Hayes, Trimble, and Hammons.

No problem with going under the radar this season. I don’t think there are 32 teams better than us, but we also have some unknowns as well. Just gotta play our game and compete every night and we should be fine.

Lindy’s First Team: Yogi/Melo/Blackmon/Valentine/Hayes
Second Team: LeVert/Koenig/Williams/Carter/Stone

That column isn’t worth the paper that its written on. I wonder if Lindy’s even took a look at our roster before scribbling some crap down and moving on. I think Levert/Walton/Irvin could be the most potent three man attack in the B1G. Irvin’s game clearly moved to another level by the end of last season. I see Chatman and Dawkins having themselves a year as well. Robinson and Wilson are wild cards, but good kind of wildcards. If Donnal can finally find himself, and if Doyle takes the next logical step up, there is no reason this team cant contend for a B1G title.