T.J. Leaf decommits from Arizona

I really wanted him before he committed to Zona.

No chance we jump back in with Teske and Davis and needs at point and the wing.

Word is that he’s going to play pro in Israel for a year and then enter the NBA draft.

Really? Haven’t heard that but that’s an interesting turn. He would have been such a good fit in a McGary role!

Really? Haven't heard that but that's an interesting turn. He would have been such a good fit in a McGary role!

Apparently he was born in Israel and his dad played there.

Have also heard UCLA is a strong possibility.

Honestly recruiting stories get weirder and weirder as time goes on sometimes. I wish him all the best in whatever his future holds.

Haven’t heard much besides what has been posted. He just played for the Israeli U18 national team and won MVP of whatever tournament they just played. I wouldn’t be shocked if he goes over there to play. UCLA is trending, which means someone is getting paid, if he goes there.

Yeah I haven’t been able to find anything quoting a source he might play overseas for a year. Only thing was the same thing about him playing in the tourney over there.

Nice to see another school get burned by a decommit lol.

don’t see him coming but don’t see him playing oversea either. Leaf played in the European U18 Division B tournament on the Israeli team and was named MVP. His team lost to Sweden in the title game by 1 pt. Mo Wagner played in the same tournament last year on the German team which won the championship but Mo played only 10 minutes per game.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1571604-alert-ucla-has-scholarship-for-t-j-leaf

Looks like leaf will go to UCLA. Bryce Alford will move to walk on status for his senior year.

Alford moving his kid to walk on status…yeah right! He will probably be issued an academic scholarship or something. No way he is footing the bill.

I thought you weren’t able to do that unless you started out as a walk on? He could have for all I know.

Sounds like Michigan is at least exploring jumping back into Leaf’s recruitment.

I thought you weren't able to do that unless you started out as a walk on? He could have for all I know.

Matt Stainbrook gave up his scholarship last year at Xavier. Syracuse had someone volunteer to do it a few years back. It’s been done for disciplinary reasons a number of times, including an MSU football player currently.

Compton Magic power forward & five-star prospect T.J. Leaf is down to eight schools | Story: http://t.co/SDVrXEbOGr pic.twitter.com/m0EiywClYM

— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) August 9, 2015

Down to Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Texas, California, San Diego State, Gonzaga and Indiana.

Compton Magic power forward & five-star prospect T.J. Leaf is down to eight schools | Story: http://t.co/SDVrXEbOGr pic.twitter.com/m0EiywClYM

— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) August 9, 2015

Down to Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, Texas, California, San Diego State, Gonzaga and Indiana.

So I guess we won’t get back into his recruiting race. I’m not surprised but I do wonder if we didn’t jump back in full force or if Leaf wasn’t interested in us.