New Mailbag!

Taking questions, feel free to submit them here!

Which of the PG targets for 2016 is the best bet to step in and contribute right away? Which of the PG targets for 2016 has the best long term potential for Michigan?

Game clock is winding down in a December game. Down 2. Irvin & Levert fouled out. Who gets the shot? What’s the play?

How many shots could a shot chart chart if a shot chart could chart shots?

More seriously, which of the players returning from injury do you think has the best chance to make a big impact this season where they were not able to last season?

MLive recently had an article about Coach Beilein evaluating and possibly altering his recruiting style. What do you think, if any, changes he might make. How do you see that impacting recruiting going forward and could you see it making a positive impact with higher ranked kids?

Is there still a realistic way of picking up Kevin Huerter? (Seemed like there was a lot of mutual interest there – not to mention a great fit with the Beilein offence – but the Watson commit appears to have dashed that.)

Seems odd that according to Goodin himself, “Western Kentucky and Xavier are on me the hardest,” that a player of his supposed abilities hasn’t a more impressive offer list. Is it definite now that M has turned this page going forward? Lucas is a much more intriguing prospect IMO. He just makes plays.

Will you guys be opening the 2015/2016 fundraiser soon? A man’s gotta eat!

I second the Goodin question (!), although from the opposite perspective. I like his game even if some people think he’s gone stale. Regardless of who’s going after the guy hardest, respectfully his offer list is still more impressive than Watson’s. I like Lucas and Winston, but think Goodin’s size, athleticism, and slashing ability can help open up shooters on the perimeter. Maybe he’s not a typical Beilein floor general but akin to a stronger MAAR-type with better handles and passing who can run the floor and drive the lane. Dude can dunk too.

Ok sorry to hijack. Also, not for the blog necessarily but … when do you think the new forums will be up?

Forum should be coming soon – within the next week. Have tested the migration, but need to work out a few SEO type of things before going live.

Will you guys be opening the 2015/2016 fundraiser soon? A man's gotta eat!

Probably closer to the season still once things start to pick up.

Sam Webb recently said Michigan is still pursuing 2016 wings as well as point guards. Even if Davis reclassifies, which it seems he’ll probably do, where do you think the extra spot will come from?

Forum should be coming soon -- within the next week. Have tested the migration, but need to work out a few SEO type of things before going live.

Which one you going with? This should be pretty fun.

Plan is to go with Discourse. Seems to be the most mobile friendly, efficient of the group.

Still gonna have it up within the week?

Dylan did you see Jerry Meyer tweet about how shoe company influence is getting worse than ever? Don’t no how to embed it.

Here’s the quote…

In the 12 years I've been in this business, shoe company influence over recruits is greater (by a large margin) than I've ever seen it.

— Jerry Meyer (@jerrymeyer247) August 1, 2015
Still gonna have it up within the week?

Not quite (obviously at this point), but looking at this weekend to make the cutover.