Camp Sanderson also paying off for Derrick Walton

https://instagram.com/p/2909rwiW7A/

That is a breath of fresh air

Handles looked very shaky there. Probably can’t trust him. :wink:

Walton has always been pretty athletic, but based on that clip above, if his body was totally vertical, his head would be damn near the rim.

I had no idea he could elevate like that - damn.

I had no idea he could elevate like that - damn.
Not sure that he could a year ago.

Walton always had good verticality, even in HS.

I thought that loose handle thingy was just an open-gym improvisation, but based on the footage above, seems to be a quirky move he uses when he splits defenders. Huh, well it seems to work. But I never realized how well he can elevate. And glad to see he’s recovering well for next year.

Part of my reticence about taking Winston is the lack of evidence he can get up anywhere like this. Might not be absolutely necessary but I like PGs with some bounce.

Walton could always get up pretty well, but after he hurt that toe he sure couldn’t. Good to see him recovering and improving.

As for the loose dribble, now we just have to wonder when he’s going to bust out the yo-yo dribble. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/2/15/8037121/nba-yo-yo-dribble-chris-paul-john-wall

Didn’t know about that yo-yo dribble thing (don’t watch enough NBA, I guess). The more you know!

But Zach LaVine totally double-dribbled in the highlight.

Didn't know about that yo-yo dribble thing (don't watch enough NBA, I guess). The more you know!

But Zach LaVine totally double-dribbled in the highlight.

Yo-yo dribble, tennis balls, spatulas (yes spatulas) are all very much a part of contemporary ballhandling development.

Thanks Matt. I’m still trying to figure out the Eurostep.

Thanks Matt. I'm still trying to figure out the Eurostep.

The eurostep is essentially a fake pass to a certain extent that fools the helpside defender into thinking you are kicking it out…CP3 is a master at this. Others use it as a change of direction move in transition

So excited to have Walton back in the fold!

As MattD has pointed out, Spike may be the best backup PG in all of college bball (certainly the most valuable)…and all things considered, Spike played fantastic last season. But Walton brings so many other tools that can really elevate this team to where we want it to go (a 2nd-weekend tourney team, that with the right draw could make a FF run).

Glad to see he is 100% healthy. He got hurt near the end of that Villanova game and while he played games after - he was hurt and it was affecting his play.

He maxed out against Wisconsin - he held back a lot in the games before that.

Glad the toe is all better.
Hope we see a bump up in performance level this year.

I’m on my phone so I can’t post the picture, but wow did Sanderson do a lot for Doyle.

I'm on my phone so I can't post the picture, but wow did Sanderson do a lot for Doyle.
I can't find anything on Twitter

https://instagram.com/p/3R6OqvPsYp/

Hope this works

Holy shit that’s insane. Donnal is still small though