BA tweetblitz

Today BA went on a tweet blitz on a couple different topics but thought the ones about the current roster and summer workouts would be interesting for the forum and discussion. To me the most notable one is DJ Wilson being a legit 6’11". If that’s the case and belien still thinks of him as a forward that’s a matchup nightmare for other teams in my mind.

@bacari34: Zak Irving is grinding back home I’m hearing. Glenn Robinson III got great work in back home in the offseason too!

@bacari34: Spike is recovering nicely from his procedure. I told him no karate classes this summer. Take it slow bro! #captain

@bacari34: Sean Lonergan and Dakich continue to invest at a high level for us. What an advantage to have veteran walk-ons

@bacari34: Duncan Robinson is like a sponge when Nik Stauskas shows up! Duncan’s has to be at least 6’8! in shoes. He’s definitely bigger.

@bacari34: Derrick Walton and Caris LeVert has been beast with rehab and in the weight room it seems. The backcourt looking healthier

@bacari34: Aubrey Dawkins and MAAR have been filling out nicely it appears not sure what they weigh but not frail fresh any longer. #growth

@bacari34: DJ has to be a legit 6’11 and Kameron Chatman has grown too! 6’8 legit I’d bet. Not sure Spike is growing, but you can’t have it all.

@bacari34: Ricky Doyle is walking around like he’s Fabbio! OMG

Looks like they all didn’t post. Below are the rest.

@bacari34: Ricky Doyle is walking around like he’s Fabbio! OMG his body fat is around 8% I’ve heard. He came in at least at 14% I heard. #grinding

@bacari34: So thrilled to see Mark Donnal put the weight back on. Wow! He’s back up near 240lbs. He had dropped below 220 last year. #bounceback

@bacari34: Speaking of DJ Wilson he’s packed in the muscle it seems. @CampSanderson is the real deal. #SweatEquity

@bacari34: For clarity sake DJ Wilson and Smotrycz aren’t the same player. The reference was more bout his potential roles. #clarityhelps

Great info, especially about DJ being 6-11 and Kam 6-8. Also nice to hear about everyone putting in the hard work, including “Irving” and Fabbio.

Great to hear, these guys are working hard!

“Not sure Spike is growing, but you can’t have it all” lmao

No need to pick on Spike, BA!

I wonder why Donnal would have had such a significant weight loss?

I wonder why Donnal would have had such a significant weight loss?

Yeah, below 220? Not good. Definitely needs to be playing at minimum 240, preferably more

If Donnal can’t maintain 240, DJ might be guaranteed that backup C Spot

We are a legit 2 deep at every position:

PG: Derrick, Spike
SG: Caris, MAAR
SF: Dawkins, Robinson
PF: Irvin, Chatman
C: Doyle Donnal

Meanwhile, Wilson and Wagner are high upside wild cards that could easily take minutes from Donnal and Chatman.

Depth is a wonderful thing.

Wrt Donnal, I think he battled sickness off and on for a good portion of the winter…I think that had an effect on keeping his weight. He’s got the frame to hold 240 he just needs to take more Airborne and Emergen-C during the season.

:slight_smile:

That is a hell of a virus to lose 20+ pounds.

Yeah, losing 20 lbs had to make him weak and less explosive. Kind of interested to see how he looks healthy and with some good weight on him.

Regardless of weight, Donnal is missing the aggressiveness to battle down low. I like him in the pick and pop role, but I think people are asking for too much if they ever think he’s going to bang with the big boys.

Love the Camp Sanderson effect.
Credit to the players for all the hard work.

I met Bacari’s grandmother a few years back. We were in casual conversation, then she mentioned her grandson was a basketball coach at Michigan. Nice lady!
She said one of Bacari’s biggest regrets was, and I’m paraphrasing, “One of Bacari’s biggest regrets was being unable to get through to Rashad Phillips”.
Phillips was one of the most dynamic and enjoyable players I’ve ever seen. What a talent!