Big Ten Roster Movement 2015

Making this thread to track player movement for Big Ten Schools. Feel free to post updates.
-Transfers In
-Transfers Out
-NBA Early Entry
-NBA Return to School reports

RT @Jeff_Ermann Source: Maryland freshman Melo Trimble planning return to #Terps for sophomore year. http://bit.ly/18V7r49

Chad Ford’s first in/out post is up …

D’Angelo Russell is only Big Ten player with ‘one foot out the door’.

These guys are all listed as 50/50 (Players who are still deciding whether to declare for the draft):

Sam Dekker, SF, Jr., Wisconsin
Yogi Ferrell, PG, Jr., Indiana
A.J. Hammons, C, Jr., Purdue
Nigel Hayes, F, So., Wisconsin
Jake Layman, F, Jr., Maryland
Caris LeVert, G/F, Jr., Michigan
Terran Petteway, SG, Jr., Nebraska
Troy Williams, F, So., Indiana

Nigel Hayes…really? Can’t see him leaving unless NBA personnel don’t want to miss on the second coming of Draymond Green (which I don’t think he is).

Nigel Hayes...really? Can't see him leaving unless NBA personnel don't want to miss on the second coming of Draymond Green (which I don't think he is).

His skillset out of college is better than Udonis Haslem, who’s carved out a nice career. Baseline jumpers and rebounding can go a long way. Hayes has the ability to score in a multitude of ways from various spots on the floor. Quite frankly, I would take Hayes over Caris right now.

I think Nigel Hayes has a bright future. He’s a bit of a tweener but his handle and passing have looked good and his shooting, in somewhat small numbers, has been good. It would depend on his measurements, just how tall and athletic he is, but I could see him being a solid late first round pick for somebody.

Ha ha… You would get fired.

Nigel Hayes…really? Can’t see him leaving unless NBA personnel don’t want to miss on the second coming of Draymond Green (which I don’t think he is).

His skillset out of college is better than Udonis Haslem, who’s carved out a nice career. Baseline jumpers and rebounding can go a long way. Hayes has the ability to score in a multitude of ways from various spots on the floor. Quite frankly, I would take Hayes over Caris right now.

Webb - is there anyone other than Stu Douglass (which is baffling) that you aren’t enamored with, whether it be potential recruit or current player, you love em’ all. I respect your glass half full approach…

I’m not saying I don’t like his game, I definitely do BUT I don’t think he is a first round pick THIS year. If he can expand his game a little more from 3 and be a little more consistent then I think he is surefire first rounder, but not yet.

Nigel Hayes...really? Can't see him leaving unless NBA personnel don't want to miss on the second coming of Draymond Green (which I don't think he is).

I am not sure who Nigel Hayes compares to but I do see some Kawhi Leonard in him. Probably not as quick but Hayes is very solid defensively, he has a good back to the basket game and for a guy who never attempted a 3 pointer last year, he’s now shooting 39% behind the arc taking close to 3 shots per game from there. Hayes has made a huge leap just like Levert but I think Hayes may have more upside a improvement left.

Max Biefeldt and Tyler Cook.

Webb - is there anyone other than Stu Douglass (which is baffling) that you aren’t enamored with, whether it be potential recruit or current player, you love em’ all. I respect your glass half full approach…

I am not sure who Nigel Hayes compares to but I do see some Kawhi Leonard in him. Probably not as quick but Hayes is very solid defensively, he has a good back to the basket game and for a guy who never attempted a 3 pointer last year, he’s now shooting 39% behind the arc taking close to 3 shots per game from there. Hayes has made a huge leap just like Levert but I think Hayes may have more upside a improvement left.

I think another fair comparison for Hayes is Brandon Bass, except Hayes has more range. Quite frankly, I think Hayes has a better skillset than Sullinger did in college as well. Sullinger was just massive for the college game.

I think another fair comparison for Hayes is Brandon Bass, except Hayes has more range. Quite frankly, I think Hayes has a better skillset than Sullinger did in college as well. Sullinger was just massive for the college game.

Sullinger has really turned it up in the NBA. For a guy people thought who was a tweener he has carved out a terrific role for himself even with the back concerns. Putting up 14 and 8, still has injury concerns but he looks real good right now.

I look at that list and see an entire list of guys who should return to college. Nobody on that list is a sure fire first rounder. Every case is different, but if I had to rank them based on NBA potential I would go:

1. Dekker
  2. Hammons
    3.1 Hayes
    3.2 LeVert

Big drop…
4. Everyone else with Williams at the top, but only because he is younger.

Hayes and Dekker will stay, because players tend to stay longer at Wisconsin. And they won’t stretch it out to the last minute. LeVert will put his “decision” off to the last few days possible, but ultimately leave, because guys at his level always leave Michigan at the first opportunity. No one stays at Michigan longer than expected.

Except Burke, McGary, Robinson who all strongly considered leaving after their freshmen years.

Except Burke, McGary, Robinson who all strongly considered leaving after their freshmen years.

Not to mention that McGary would likely have stuck around through this year had the marijuana thing not come up.

None of Burke, Robinson and McGary “strongly considered” leaving after one year, and they were not strong candidates in any event. McGary was gone after his second year no matter what, though. Contrast that to guys like Adrien Payne and Frank Kaminsky, who could easily have gone after their junior years, but never seriously considered it.

None of Burke, Robinson and McGary "strongly considered" leaving after one year, and they were not strong candidates in any event. McGary was gone after his second year no matter what, though. Contrast that to guys like Adrien Payne and Frank Kaminsky, who could easily have gone after their junior years, but never seriously considered it.

Where do you come up with this stuff? Burke had one foot out the door and had to be talked into staying by his parents. McGary and Glenn went pretty deep into the process before deciding to stay.

None of Burke, Robinson and McGary "strongly considered" leaving after one year, and they were not strong candidates in any event. McGary was gone after his second year no matter what, though. Contrast that to guys like Adrien Payne and Frank Kaminsky, who could easily have gone after their junior years, but never seriously considered it.

Everything in your first two sentences is 100% wrong