Seth Towns shows off versatile game @ Coach Vic's Weekly Showcase - Northland c/o 2016

He knows how to play. No explosiveness but good footwork, creativity, and jumper. Interesting to see where he ends up strength and conditioning wise, as well as what height he stops growing at. Defence could also be a concern. Admittedly never watched anything but highlights so I have no clue other than I assume he doesn’t have the greatest lateral quickness.

His game looks so effortless. Doesn’t ever seem to be going 100%, yet makes the difficult look easy. He won’t ever be a guy that jumps out of the gym, but if he can improve his handle and get stronger, he could be a solid 3-4 in our offense.

https://vimeo.com/105360910

Really impressed with Towns’s development. The more film I see on him, the more I appreciate his versatility, ability to handle the ball, passing ability, etc… More than the 1-dimensional player we saw just a year ago. Hope he goes blue!

He has the smitty down to a tee

I wonder if OSU turns up the heat on Towns now that Ahmad is WVU bound?

Zach Fleer thinks UCLA leads.

boo

Rivals has Towns way under-ranked, no way there are 123 kids better. How Moyer is a better player than Towns to the scouts is beyond me

With every new video, you can see the growth. </blockquote

Interesting that, when it was made known last spring that he would be offered, the general reaction was “meh.” Once again, Beilein gets out ahead of the curve on a prospect.

Was it “meh”

I remember being perfectly fine with it.

Not referring to you personally.

Interesting that, when it was made known last spring that he would be offered, the general reaction was “meh.” Once again, Beilein gets out ahead of the curve on a prospect.

Was it “meh”

I remember being perfectly fine with it.

In terms of handle, this may be Seth’s most impressive film yet. Not to say he doesn’t also look impressive in other areas. Thank goodness Mickey Mitchell re-committed to OSU. Certainly doesn’t hurt our chances with Seth.

With every new video, you can see the growth.

It looks to me that Seth have a relatively long upper body and shorter legs. I don’t know if this transfers to quicker steps displayed in the video.

I think Ben was the only one opposed to Towns being offered; pretty much unanimous support otherwise from what I can recall

I wasn’t the most thrilled with the offer right off the bat and still think that some people are hyping up Towns too much, but I have grown to like his game as I watch more tape.